Blank templates for visuals

davewill

Hi guys, Ive been adding a lot of work to my portfolio lately and wanted to mock up some of my work (posters, flyers, shirts, brochures etc) onto photographs of models or show them 'in-situ' hanging up on walls, in waiting rooms etc.

Does anyone know of a free place I can get some nice modern photography from to mock up my designs onto? (I usually try google image search, flickr, 500px)

If not, how do other people do it?

I know for some things I can just shoot them myself but to speed up the process I often google images and then just photoshop my designs onto exisiting photography. Any help would be brilliant.

davewill said:
Hi guys, Ive been adding a lot of work to my portfolio lately and wanted to mock up some of my work (posters, flyers, shirts, brochures etc) onto photographs of models or show them 'in-situ' hanging up on walls, in waiting rooms etc.

Does anyone know of a free place I can get some nice modern photography from to mock up my designs onto? (I usually try google image search, flickr, 500px)

If not, how do other people do it?

I know for some things I can just shoot them myself but to speed up the process I often google images and then just photoshop my designs onto exisiting photography. Any help would be brilliant.
Hey Davewill are you asking for free photos? I don't quite understand the post. If you are after free photos amongs Google Image search and Flickr I'd recommend photobucket and morguefile. Maybe picsa too. Hope that helps :)

I'm guessing you're looking for stuff like blank advertising banners (like you see by the roadside), blank t-shirts, etc?
You can find stuff like that at 123RF.com
I hasten to add Google Image search is not a great place to 'find photos' - lifting photos off other people's websites is illegal/copyright.

Sorry guys, just noticed this thread had some replies.

Just to be clear, I wasnt looking for free photos to use in my work, I wanted templates to mock up my work onto. Ive started using Graphic River lately which has a few decent templates for only a few quid. Often the files on graphic river are layered .psd files which makes it really easy to add in your own work.

Heres an example: http://graphicriver.net/category/print-templates/stationery

Just as a side note Robbydesigns, google isnt ideal to search for images, but if you set your search parameters up correct by using the Advanced Search feature you can then specify your search to look for images available 'free to use commercially' etc. Obviously the use of other peoples photos without permission does break copyright but theres much more to the google image search if you dig a little deeper.

Back