Best Desk Top?

Can anyone reccomend a good Windows (not Mac!) desk top computer?

One that's reliable, affordable with plenty of memory, that will run all Adobe Software smoothly.

Thank you!

Better to know what your budget is imo because we all have different opinions of what affordable is.... my opinion on 'affordable' is likely considerably higher than yours (I see 4-5k affordable when pc's in my field can hit 50k....)because of my 3D software needing more overall grunt than most adobe software.

Are you prepared to build it yourself?

Do you need anything else, ie screen, keyboard, mouse, speakers etc....

Better to know what your budget is imo because we all have different opinions of what affordable is.... my opinion on 'affordable' is likely considerably higher than yours because of my 3D software needing more overall grunt than most adobe software.

Are you prepared to build it yourself?

Do you need anything else, ie screen, keyboard, mouse, speakers etc....
I've been looking at some HP models that range between £550-850. That includes monitor, hard drive, mouse and keyboard.

And no I don't want to build it myself; I need something that will be ready to go, and I would t have a clue where to start in building an entire unit.

I've been looking at some HP models that range between £550-850. That includes monitor, hard drive, mouse and keyboard.

And no I don't want to build it myself; I need something that will be ready to go, and I would t have a clue where to start in building an entire unit.
You best show me some links of what you've been looking at because I'll be honest and say I'd be looking to spend more than that even on an affordable adobe build..... quickly looking at what I'd be suggesting is coming in higher than that without a screen.

I don't do graphic design and I spent more than that! Maybe get a laptop not a desktop (you can take it to meetings) and at least two stonking great monitors. Spend more on one of those graphic tablet things and an external SSD (for backups).

Buy it all on through the business and save a decent chunk of tax.

I don't do graphic design and I spent more than that! Maybe get a laptop not a desktop (you can take it to meetings) and at least two stonking great monitors. Spend more on one of those graphic tablet things and an external SSD (for backups).

Buy it all on through the business and save a decent chunk of tax.

Thing is, I only graduated Uni last year and I'm still trying to get employment. On minimum wage, I'm pretty limited.

I already have a good graphics tablet.

The reason I want a desktop is because I find laptops a bit unreliable. If I could afford it, I would have both; a desk top for home use and a laptop to take to work, meetings etc.

You best show me some links of what you've been looking at because I'll be honest and say I'd be looking to spend more than that even on an affordable adobe build..... quickly looking at what I'd be suggesting is coming in higher than that without a screen.

I would love to be able to spend more, but I don't earn enough to be able to warrant spending more right now.

I would love to be able to spend more, but I don't earn enough to be able to warrant spending more right now.
Do you need it 'now'... lets be honest I doubt many graphic design companies are going to be hiring right now with the economy like it is or are you looking at freelancing.

As to laptops being unreliable... can't say I've had that issue with the ones I've had...
You could get something like this dell

If you could push funds a little further you could get something like this HP

They might both be cheaper if you shop around....note the 16GB of ram though, that is a bare minimum imo

Do you need it 'now'... lets be honest I doubt many graphic design companies are going to be hiring right now with the economy like it is or are you looking at freelancing.

As to laptops being unreliable... can't say I've had that issue with the ones I've had...

They might both be cheaper if you shop around....note the 16GB of ram though, that is a bare minimum imo
I've used both Dell and Hp laptops. I would prefer Dell over Hp (y)

It's not majorly urgent, I'm just getting ideas for the future as I've noticed my current laptop slowing down a bit.

I could maybe push funds a little and I'm saving as much as I can. Thanks for the recommendation!

I mainly use Photoshop and Illustrator, occasionally Indesign, After Effects and Blender.

Based on the use of After Effects and Blender I'd recommend these.

32GB ram will be a huge help with blender/after effects.

I do think the Hawk Version is the best one for you - as it has a 1TB drive too - which is great for the likes of Photoshop for the Scratch Disks.

It also leaves room to maneuver for the Monitor.
You can get keyboard/mouse for about 10 quid somewhere to get you by for now.

oooh I missed the bit about blender....

I'll do some more looking around a bit later for something more suited in that area, the issue is that blender is the area I was referring to earlier than can hit 5 figures in prices lol

I think it's only casual use - not really sure.
I think they are mainly using Photoshop and Illustrator.

In that case a mid-range graphics card and 32gb RAM is plenty - plus can use Blender - I think!

Back