Best 2 in 1 Laptop for Graphic Design

niallmack

Hi Everyone,

I made a similar post a while ago, although I don't think I was specific enough and after some further research I was looking for some advice on what the community thinks would be the best "2 in 1" laptop for using Adobe Illustrator.

After looking through other forums and general review sites I've narrowed it down to a few options that fit into my price range and "seem" to tick all the necessary boxes.

Before I continue I know the majority of the community would advise to go with a desktop/laptop with some sort of drawpad combination, (At least thats what I have taken from my personal research) but for my current situation and needs a 2 in 1 laptop with the touchscreen being used as my "drawpad" seems to be my best option at the moment.

So here are three options I have picked out that appeal to me for one reason or another...

What would your pick be?

Dell Inspiron 14 - 5000 Series
14" Screen
8 GB RAM
256 GB SSD
Intel Core i5 Processor

Of my three picks this is the budget option that still hits all the key points and still has decent reviews.

Microsoft 13.5 Surface Book 2
13.5" Screen
8 GB RAM
256 GB SSD
Intel Core i5 Processor

Going by the reviews I have seen, this is probably my personal pick as this laptop seems to be great for design purposes and I can currently get it for half the usual price of retail as it is on sale at the moment.

HP Pavilion x360 14
14" Screen
16 GB RAM
512 GB SSD
Intel Core i7 Processor
(Link is not the 2 in 1 version)

Definitely has the best specs out of the 3 options but at the higher end of price range. I don't know if the specs alone can push out the more popular option being the Microsoft.

Any feedback at all would be greatly appreciated...

Especially if anyone has any experience working on a 2 in 1 laptop for design purposes.

Thanks in advance!

I'd take a surface pro or a ryzen 4xxxG based machine but that's just me..... I would not be picking the surface book (it seems to have heat issues which can affect the screen).

If I didn't need it 'now' I'd maybe wait and see what happens with iPad Pro (and I'm not a huge Apple fan) and adobe when apple transitions to their arm cpu's, it might be another alternative.

EDIT: seems I basically just said the same as in the other thread just more condensed....

I've been using Dell inspiron 15 - 5000 series from 10 months and it's working fine. Recommended! Don't know about other two as I've not use them till now.
Thanks for the response!
How much RAM do you have? Would 8 GB be enough to run Illustrator and Chrome simultaneously without lag? Or would 16 GB be better?

I'd take a surface pro or a ryzen 4xxxG based machine but that's just me..... I would not be picking the surface book (it seems to have heat issues which can affect the screen).

If I didn't need it 'now' I'd maybe wait and see what happens with iPad Pro (and I'm not a huge Apple fan) and adobe when apple transitions to their arm cpu's, it might be another alternative.

EDIT: seems I basically just said the same as in the other thread just more condensed....
Haha thanks again for the response, just trying to make the hest decision, appreciate the time spent getting back to me again!

Back