Anyone finding Twitter useful for finding new clients?

dot design

Just asking what other experiences are, as I've found work through Twitter, more building up a relationship with people and then they decide I might be able to help them. Rather than ramming what I do down their throats, anyone else?

I don't really know much about Twitter, the thing that would put me off is that its more time to spend as well as facebook, etc to make contacts

I'm a huge twitter fan... Not found any work through it yet though. But I've not put much time into it yet.

I've been using it for quite a while, never found a single client, maybe I'm doing it wrong :)

I haven't really put THAT much into twitter, however i do believe i could really get some good customers from it. Had a couple of people being interested but no sales yet. only have 185 followers.. not got round to getting more!!

However i have found if you are prepared to put in time and effort for just one day, you can easily gain 10-20 real followers. in one day.

I optimised my bio to include my keywords and say a big shark in the amount of people who followed me.. its defo worth doing.

Start a conversation - people buy from people not from websites or promo material.

I don't think twitter, facebook, bebo etc are meant to find business. As all these website are social networking sites not business networking.. I won't waste time there to find business since I can't afford to spend ages to first make friends to get some business out of them.. I would rather use these site just to make friends..:icon_rolleyes:

I got some good clients from ecademy and linkedIn instead..:icon_wink:

I don't think twitter, facebook, bebo etc are meant to find business. As all these website are social networking sites not business networking.. I won't waste time there to find business since I can't afford to spend ages to first make friends to get some business out of them.. I would rather use these site just to make friends..:icon_rolleyes:

I got some good clients from ecademy and linkedIn instead..:icon_wink:

That's fair enough and everyone is different, I do think though that the boundaries between work and pleasure are blurring and that many people's work and social lives are overlapping, it works for me! G

I've been thinking about using twitter...I had a talk on it at a networking club I went to last week. I may just give it a go, I heard from a lot of people that they use it as a way to keep up with things happening in there industrys. The networking women keep up with each others businesses by following each other on twiter supose it enables them to help each other and produce some synagy between the monthly meetings, a useful tools was the impression I got. When I get a minute I'll have a look. :)

I think that Twitter is good for some businesses and not so relevant for others, I can see that the Job sites would do well for instance each to his own and if it works for you then well done.

I love Twitter and have developed many relationships that have produced profitable business via direct purchases and referals.

But not only this, I have also built some excellent relationships with suppliers and other services that I use regular whilst being able to keep up to date with events in my industry.

Must admit it did take me a good few months to achieve this but the best things do come to those that wait.

It has been good for us. Allowed access to prospective clients who we may not have been able to communicate with otherwise. Particularly where we are already partners to related businesses (in the same sector, industry, etc).

Has provided some really good information, insight and clients.

Four of us write when we feel the mood. It has been fun. Time consuming - not in the least.

Peter

I find the thought of contributing to FB, Twitter, blogging and web updates all too much. Good when it's quiet but it's still a lot of distraction all the time :icon_scared:

However the reality is it takes very little time each day, builds relationships, attracts quote requests and increases business.

I dislike Twitter itself. However - it does give you the option to link it in with your LinkedIN profile which as far as I can tell could be a far more valuable resource with some effort put in.

Find followers on Twitter -> point them to LinkedIN and your company profile = :icon_cheers:

I'm on Twitter - but haven't used it properly yet.
Haven't done a FB page for the business but might.
Am on Linked-in but am not using that properly either.
Feel a bit of a failure!!
Does it work? What should I be saying?

Twitter can be useful for generating leads, especially if you view it as a way to respond to peoples needs than as an advertising tool.

For instance if you sell say..... t-shirts with ponies on. Then you can use a tool like Tweetdeck to set up a filter so that if anyone uses the phrase "tshirts" and the phrase "ponies" in a tweet then if shows up in Tweetdeck.

Some of those tweets will probably be people saying "Where can I buy a great tshirt with a pony on?". If you reply to them and say "Come and look at our site we have loads of pony tshirts, plus if you use this coupon you get 10% off." then you probably have yourself a sale.

Twitter allows you to listen to what people want *right now* and respond straight away with a solution.

Twitter can be useful for generating leads, especially if you view it as a way to respond to peoples needs than as an advertising tool.

For instance if you sell say..... t-shirts with ponies on. Then you can use a tool like Tweetdeck to set up a filter so that if anyone uses the phrase "tshirts" and the phrase "ponies" in a tweet then if shows up in Tweetdeck.

Some of those tweets will probably be people saying "Where can I buy a great tshirt with a pony on?". If you reply to them and say "Come and look at our site we have loads of pony tshirts, plus if you use this coupon you get 10% off." then you probably have yourself a sale.

Twitter allows you to listen to what people want *right now* and respond straight away with a solution.

Thanks for that! I was un-aware such a thing existed :icon_notworthy:

Back