Any suggestions or ideas?

TimmyC

I am wondering if anyone could help me with something!

I am helping someone create a site. I have created loads of sites and know languages, but I am wondering what the best way is to do this job.

The client is starting a business solutions/PA company, who run companies admin, financies etc as well as design and web (which he will be outsourcing me all the work). He wants his site very clean and smart..

In the services page he wants the services listed like iphone/ipad icons (the rounded sqaures). Instead of clicking through to a page however, he just wants it so when you hover over the icons, a box appears with a paragraphic explaining that job. Kind of like lightbox/fancybox, but just a smaller box on the right of that icon... and it appears on hover not when clicked. Whats the best way to go around this.

I thought of creating a javascript for this, but if someone hasnt got java enabled it wont work. I thought of flash because it will be easy but then I'm trying to keep away from flash now because of HTML5.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this?

I am wondering if anyone could help me with something!

I am helping someone create a site. I have created loads of sites and know languages, but I am wondering what the best way is to do this job.

The client is starting a business solutions/PA company, who run companies admin, financies etc as well as design and web (which he will be outsourcing me all the work). He wants his site very clean and smart..

In the services page he wants the services listed like iphone/ipad icons (the rounded sqaures). Instead of clicking through to a page however, he just wants it so when you hover over the icons, a box appears with a paragraphic explaining that job. Kind of like lightbox/fancybox, but just a smaller box on the right of that icon... and it appears on hover not when clicked. Whats the best way to go around this.

I thought of creating a javascript for this, but if someone hasnt got java enabled it wont work. I thought of flash because it will be easy but then I'm trying to keep away from flash now because of HTML5.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this?

It would be possible to do with CSS3 however I'd just stick with jQuery, even if JS was turned off it could possibly still work depending on how you did it with

Code:
#myPopup{
    display:none;
}

#myPopup:hover{
    dispay:block //whatever you want etc etc
}

Personally I'd just stick with jQuery, the amount of people with JS turned off would be minimal.

Back