Another eye wanted :)

Offelias

Hey guys,
Been working on another poster yesterday. All it is is a fake advertisement for the iPod.
The font is Myriad Pro semibold which is what I gather is the current font for their advertising at the moment.

Theres a lack of colour, could do with funking up a bit I think..
Please let me know what you think, criticisms and advice, so that I can improve :)

TY guys xxx

3900605874_9b8a1c3bab.jpg

A very slight difference. Not convinced though

Great poster!
Very Clean and Clear.

Although at first glanced it was advertising ipods for naked homosexuals.
hahaha sorry im not trying to sound innapropriate but thats just how i saw it.

Very nice though lol!

Lol!! yeh I can see what you mean Lol!!

I feel that it's missing something though, maybe some slight tweek or perhaps the apple logo somewhere might be it. Didn't work on it today, tomorrow is another day when deadlines don't apply :)

It's all gravy =D

Hey again :) did some tweaking..

Changed the subtext to regular, added an outer circle and replaced a quaver with the apple logo and left the smaller circle blank.

My gut tells me it's a slight improvement. What do you think?

3905989391_778e45e7ef.jpg

Nice

He looks like a Greek statue with seemingly no reference to that or reason for that.

If there is not significance to him being a Greek statue I'd change him to a modern man with clothing. If there is some significance to him being a statue ... I'd make the link more obvious in the text.

Otherwise, the overall design is nice.

Shouldn't it advertise something though ....a web address or telephone number or something? Most advertising aims to direct the viewer somewhere so that sales can be made.

Best Wishes

Amanda

Hi Vlahakisa,

The reason for the statue is that it is an iconic piece of 'classical art'. Most people, whether they are into art or not have heard of the statue of David and usually recognise it when they see it.
This goes with the subtext 'Plenty of room for all your old classics' , playing on words and referencing your choice in music to be good quality and timeless.

So I would disagree that there is no reason for the statue, and I don't think it needs to be any more obvious in the text. Perhaps my use of it is somewhat between the lines, but in my research I've noticed some designs are straight to the point, whilst others have a little more underneath. Depends what you want in the end I guess.

I'll think about your other point but I have to go to work, I was counting on both apple and iPod being well known enough that people would already know where to go for a sale. :) I'll research again into strategies and see what different things people come up with :)

xxx

Hey Vlahakisa,

Just getting back to you as promised about sending people somewhere for sales :)

I've noticed on most of the current posters that there aren't any directions to sale points, only the apple logo, iPod and a phrase.

I can't figure out why this is as it would make sense to give people somewhere to go.
Do you think it might be that they are relying on reputation?

I noticed that the silhouette adverts are very minimal and clean but also very vibrant and noticeable.
Is it possible that too much text would interfere with the clean edgy look? I suppose if they are confident enough about their reputation and consumers knowledge then they could afford to leave certain elements out to maintain a particular style?

Let me know what you think, I'm very interested to hear =D

P.S - Thanks for helping me to think a bit deeper into this, it is certainly helping me to think about what might have gone on in a designers head. Hopefully I will start incorporating these questions into my process instead of just doing what I feel like.

Hello,

I really like what you've done with it, and this sugesstion maybe way to much, though sometimes I find I have to push myself past the optimum to come back to it. It Helps to convince me i'm making the right decision if i'm not sure.

How about adding some texture, just a little bit in the corners on the pink piece. Maybe put a stone like texture, with the transprancy knocked down to around 20%, might be to much, might be a completely useless suggestion but I had fun thinking about it so Thanks lol

I got the 'Statue of David' reference. I'd just lose the 'soundwaves' behind the type. I find them a bit fussy and jarring with the rest of the layout. And get the type properly centred horizontally and vertically on the circle - it's a bit off at the minute and it upsets the balance for me.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Ty Sparkcreative,

I definately agree! This poster however, is now in my HDD oldspace now that I've started back at college after the summer.

Good advice though - I need to pay more attention to things like positioning and alignment.

To be honest i didn't get it, I thought it had some sexual meaning to it. which it doesn't right?
If it has no call to action it would be considered brand awareness.

Last edited:
I would agree with spark. I got the whole 'classics/statue' thing but it was the way the sound waves were so sharp that didn't sit well.

Back