Adobe InDesign - Images

Nathan C

Just wondering if there is a quick way to put crosses through all images (like in the screenshot attached) in InDesign that anyone has encountered?

Before you place an image into a frame there is similar crosses, surely there is a way to export the images with these on?

Would save me a lot of time!

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    252 KB · Views: 4
Just wondering if there is a quick way to put crosses through all images (like in the screenshot attached) in InDesign that anyone has encountered?

Before you place an image into a frame there is similar crosses, surely there is a way to export the images with these on?

Would save me a lot of time!

That cross you see is only to differentiate a graphic frame from a text frame or an unassigned frame. It's not supposed to export as it's only an onscreen guide.

Once you place an image into the frame the X disappears.

What's the purpose of such an action - to show that the image is a placeholder only?

That cross you see is only to differentiate a graphic frame from a text frame or an unassigned frame. It's not supposed to export as it's only an onscreen guide.

Once you place an image into the frame the X disappears.

What's the purpose of such an action - to show that the image is a placeholder only?

That's right, I thought you might be able to change it to export though as well, like guides.

Yes its to show the images are placeholder's (this client will get really picky about images but we want them to focus on the layout), but there is loads of images in the brochure so I was hoping for a bulk action instead of doing each image individually.

Ah right.

I would setup an object style and reduce the opacity.

Use the object style on All placeholder

Back