Adobe Illustrator Advice?

Does anyone know why once I've saved art work from Illustrator, whether it be PNG, JPEG or PDF format the colour changes?

If I email it to myself or others, or I transfer it to my phone to upload to my Instagram, the colour of it has changed slightly, which means it doesn't look the way I want it to; and I worry, when printing, it's going to look different too.

It's driving me insane and I can't seem to find a definitive solution on the internet.

Any advice welcome!

Sounds like you're creating it in CMYK, but saving/exporting as RGB - which will definitely be the case for PNG & JPEG at least

CMYK to RGB most likely but compression and/or colour ranges within the file format can all have an effect, even colour profiles of the software/screen can impact how an image is seen outside of the device/program it was created on.

Sounds like you're creating it in CMYK, but saving/exporting as RGB - which will definitely be the case for PNG & JPEG at least
I always change the document to RGB; I do this religiously, so I know it's not that.

Whatever it is, its driving me crazy!!

CMYK to RGB most likely but compression and/or colour ranges within the file format can all have an effect, even colour profiles of the software/screen can impact how an image is seen outside of the device/program it was created on.

I know pieces of art work can look different on different screens.

I'm actually working on a project for someone, and the colours I originally choose, versus the colour it is after emailing it is quite different, which is really frustrating. I don't want it to effect my designs if it can be easily solved.

I'm definitely not working in CMYK so I'm at a loss.

Hi Ajpeacockdesign,

This may be due to using the color profiles when saving a pdf file.
You can avoid it by simply clicking 'don't include color profiles.'
Just do it while making pdf and let us know the results.

Hi Ajpeacockdesign,

This may be due to using the color profiles when saving a pdf file.
You can avoid it by simply clicking 'don't include color profiles.'
Just do it while making pdf and let us know the results.

That's not true and simply wrong.

The colour profiles are set a different way.

Back