3d project for repair job

Reon78

Hey guys, so I gave myself a little 3d print project for a repair job in my house.
I used the existing plumbing in the bathroom and the shower kit I used wasn't a perfect fit. As it was a bit different from the previous
shower I had down there. In the process of putting the shower walls in we had to put the water pipe hole in a different location than
what was designed for the kit. as a result I was left with a big hole on a non flat part of the wall. So the included cover would no longer work.
Here is a quick write up are some pictures.
thanks for taking a look!

Next I scanned the profile of the wall I made with folded aluminum foil.

Then I quickly modeled a shape in Moi3d - pretty easy!

I used Simplify3D to setup the printer profile and I printed it out twice. One in grey and one in clear. I don't have white so I need to see
which one is better looking. Maybe I'll paint it....

Before I secure it in place I have to decide on color. I tried rustoleum chrome but I don't think it will last in the shower so I may just use glossy white spray paint.
the grey piece I sanded it down and it feels so smooth, I don't want to cover it!

and it actually fits!

90dc389f040de5ab7b9acd4809ac5b94827ef951.jpeg

That's actually pretty cool! I don't know much about this stuff - but that is very interesting!

It has a bit of a 'pebble' vibe to it, maybe paint it in one of the stone finish paints (assuming it's prepared correctly)

Hey guys, so I gave myself a little 3d print project for a repair job in my house.
I used the existing plumbing in the bathroom and the shower kit I used wasn't a perfect fit. As it was a bit different from the previous
shower I had down there. In the process of putting the shower walls in we had to put the water pipe hole in a different location than
what was designed for the kit. as a result I was left with a big hole on a non flat part of the wall. So the included cover would no longer work.
Here is a quick write up are some pictures.
thanks for taking a look!

Next I scanned the profile of the wall I made with folded aluminum foil.

Then I quickly modeled a shape in Moi3d - pretty easy!

I used Simplify3D to setup the printer profile and I printed it out twice. One in grey and one in clear. I don't have white so I need to see
which one is better looking. Maybe I'll paint it....

Before I secure it in place I have to decide on color. I tried rustoleum chrome but I don't think it will last in the shower so I may just use glossy white spray paint.
the grey piece I sanded it down and it feels so smooth, I don't want to cover it! Now a new
shower head fits good.

and it actually fits!

View attachment 8021
Thank you all guys! It is one of my first projects, so I appreciate your advice

Back