Your opinion to a Newbie on logo creation

Rappacy

Hey guys,

I would like to know your opinion about these samples we've made to a website called Rappacy.

The website is specialized on making custom rap songs to their clients.

We have tried some experiments that are attached on the file, any feedback is welcome, either on excluding some of the logos, choosing the best one or even making some adjustments to the main idea.

Thank you very much in advance! :D
test-logos-conjunto.png

Hi there,

I like no.3 the best as it is simple, distinctive and eye catching, though I would question if the squiggly line (I'm sure it has a technical term that's alluding me!!) is a bit overdone nowadays?... I like the fact that Rap is in a different colour to pull out this specialty / focus of the company.

Perhaps no.5 with the record in the background is more in keeping with the hip hop / rap genre as a way to really emphasise the rap focus of the company. Maybe having red headphones on this instead will keep the identity that comes through on the first row. I really don't like the musical note on top though, the record and headphones already say 'music' so don't think this is needed.

Hope this helps!

I think some of those without gradients might be a start.

Could the 'note' symbol be used as a headset in some way?

Edit: and the 'pp' in the text is begging to be used ;)

11 - this is my pick, it's cleaner than the rest due to less use of the photoshop filter tool... the others are basically just the same design with slightly different middles.

I'd play around with 11 as it's still not quite perfect

Yeah, I'm going with number 11 too. It's the only one with potential to become a strong a brand - the headset illustration just ruins it for me on the others. The font needs to be a little bigger and you need to get rid of the drop shadow around the circle. Try playing around with removing some of the bottom half of the circle, or something, otherwise you will have to increase the size of the circle to account for larger text, which could ruin the balance between the other elements.

Hey guys, thank you so much for your feedback.
As you know, Rappacy makes custom Rap songs to their clients, so the main principles on the logo would be:

SOUND: Represented by the headphones and the microphone

CREATION: Represented by the “sound wave” that intentionally resembles an ECG wave or “heartbeat” to get the idea of the birth of a new song

ACCESSIBLE TO EVERYONE/CUSTOM: The part of “accessible to everyone” can be represented by the circle which can be interpreted as a globe/Earth (anyone can have a rap song). On the other hand, the part of “custom” can be represented by the shape of an head, which represents the fact that any person can have his own song

SIMPLICITY: We want the logo to be as simple as possible, but we want also to represent the principles stated above

Based on these four main principles, and on the precious feedback you have provided, we have made this short selection of 4 logos:

logo-list-v3.png

We would love to know your last feedback regarding these 4 samples we've made combining your opinion with the main principles that Rappacy represents.

Thank you in advance :)

Vanessa, thank you very much for your feedback :) we have used a version of old #3 as the new #1 on these samples

Alex, we have made a version of new #1 without gradients. We have tried what you have said on an early version of the 'note' sample, but it lost a bit of simplicity and started to be very 'heavy'

Levi, thank you very much :)

Gareth, thank you for your feedback!

Sean, thank you very much also! :)

Levi, Gareth and Sean (who chose OLD #11 - the NEW #4), we also like the simplicity of #4, but we think it is too simple.

Why are the gradients a 'no-no' in your opinion?

Also, we would like to refer that the circle of #1 can represent the "world" - which means that the Rappacy service is available to everyone - on the other hand, we like the NEW #3 because of it's uniqueness and also the fact that the 'head shape' can represent that the music can be customized for each client, that it is something personal.

From the feedback we had untill now, the general public likes NEW #1 a lot (with the gradients) and most of the designers prefer NEW #4 or #1 without the gradient. We are a bit confused about which one to choose for a final decision.

Just a thought, number 4, try losing the circle, making the type a touch bigger, shrinking the sound wave a tad?

Rappacy said:
Hey guys, thank you so much for your feedback.
As you know, Rappacy makes custom Rap songs to their clients, so the main principles on the logo would be:

SOUND: Represented by the headphones and the microphone

CREATION: Represented by the “sound wave” that intentionally resembles an ECG wave or “heartbeat” to get the idea of the birth of a new song

ACCESSIBLE TO EVERYONE/CUSTOM: The part of “accessible to everyone” can be represented by the circle which can be interpreted as a globe/Earth (anyone can have a rap song). On the other hand, the part of “custom” can be represented by the shape of an head, which represents the fact that any person can have his own song

SIMPLICITY: We want the logo to be as simple as possible, but we want also to represent the principles stated above

Based on these four main principles, and on the precious feedback you have provided, we have made this short selection of 4 logos:

logo-list-v3.png

We would love to know your last feedback regarding these 4 samples we've made combining your opinion with the main principles that Rappacy represents.

Thank you in advance :)
Personally, I think number 1 is the best! That's just my opinion though. :)

Back