Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Idol, The Person you look up to...

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by glenwheeler, Oct 9, 2009.

1. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Hi Guys,

Just wondered who people look up to, who give them strength when they are down. Ill start off.

The person I really look up to is Lewis Hamilton because of the way he always seems to put up a fight even when things go wrong, facing the public about the cheating @ the start of the season etc etc. I think if he saw me at the moment he would tell me to push on and keep pushing until where I want to be.
  2. tim

tim Senior Member

steve jobs.

dont laugh.

but it's not just the **** he helps create.

watch this video.

but i also really like neville brody.

just because he didnt give two ****s what other people thought.

he'd just take the criticism, and carry on doing what he was doing.

look where he is now!
  3. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Have you got sound on that video?
  4. tim

tim Senior Member

5. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

I don't look up to anyone as that by definition means they're looking down on me which is to me disrespectful.

I don't see people as inspiration/motivation, part of my beliefs (my 3 'spirit' guides - yes I'm being serious) covers that aspect of my life :)
  6. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Fair enuff Levi, I guess I can allow that one :) as for tims video post thats one of the best watches I have had for a long time!
  7. Greg

Greg Active Member

Sorry I couldn't help but laugh then, and not because you said Steve Jobs just the fact that I knew it was coming as soon as I'd seen the thread :D

Great video/speech seen that one a few times now. Tim have you read iCon? a biography about Steve Jobs, when I first noticed the title I thought there was going to be a message about prices at Apple! It's actually a very good read, all about Steve and his business inspiration.

I'm not sure if I personally agree with that definition Levi, I 'look upto' many people, but that doesn't make them better than me, I just gain inspiration and insight from their knowledge and experience.

As for my choice, Tim Ferriss, author of the Four Hour Work Week :up:
  8. tim

tim Senior Member

oooh i'll look into that- i'm sure someone will have it i know