Your graphic design on Facebook

Esh

Who uses Facebook as a outlet for their graphic/web design business? Have you notice you're getting less likes/interaction? This may explain why. I was wondering why things I was interested in stopped appearing on my news feed, and would have to type in the name of who/whatever I wanted to see, only to find out they'd been updating very regularly and recently (often as recently as 5 minutes ago), yet they I had not seen them.

Dangerous Minds | FACEBOOK: I WANT MY FRIENDS BACK

To be honest, I hardly ever bother with Facebook updates relating to my work, not just because of this, but because it feels like you're having to fight Facebook every step of the way. Plus, I've noticed recently that the servers seem incredibly twitchy. On many occasions I've been unable to upload images/post comments or statuses due to an error.

I find Twitter is much better for sharing, and building a following, plus I use Tweetdeck with 'deep searches' set up so I only see the content I'm interested in, rather than what an algorithm thinks I want to see based on what I 'like'.

Every Facebook update seems to take it further away from a social network and more about making them (yet more) money.

Reactions: Esh
Have just gone back to Google+ and Twitter for now.
Since they brought Edgerank in, most of your followers won't see your content. Edgerank just works out who to show your content to, based on how much interaction they've had with you in the past, how popular you post is and so on.

Facebook is trying to make more money out of your posts and getting you to promote them to your followers, essentially having to pay for 100% of followers to see your content. Not good if you're on a budget, and it's making Facebook less social.

Facebook is trying to make more money out of your posts and getting you to promote them to your followers, essentially having to pay for 100% of followers to see your content. Not good if you're on a budget, and it's making Facebook less social.

This is exactly why I stopped using it, though I do have a Facebook page for my book design blog that seems to get a fair bit of interaction and new likes daily.

I've started using Google+ a lot more though, specifically their communities. There's some incredibly popular ones for high interest subjects such as SEO or web development, and some more niche focussed ones too. They bring in a fair bit of traffic to my blog and I get a decent amount of +1s and shares, though Twitter and my email campaign still seem to be in the lead.

Back