Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your favourite modern designers!!

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by DarrenH, Apr 14, 2011.

1. DarrenH

DarrenH Member

Just wondering, which current hip/fresh/unique/inspirational/(most famous) designers are among your favourites?

Mainly because I feel I don't know enough of them myself and would love to stumble across some really inspiring designers and the fact that if was to get asked this question myself I would struggle slightly.

I think this could help a lot of us out with sharing inspirations.
    Name of designer/agency and link would be much appreciated.

2. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

I really like alot of the work produced by Johnson Banks (i know its an agency not a person) although they seem to have gone quite over recent months....

Michael Johnsons thought for the week is always an interesting read

I recently bought a copy of an old d&ad book with a feature on Michael Johnson. One sentence got me thinking "Great designers tend to be terrible businessmen"...

3. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

May I diversify? - George Nelson (furniture).

4. AdamPalethorpe

AdamPalethorpe New Member

I have a background in product design as well as graphics, and with that I used to look at a lot of the concept artwork, I still go there now and again for some general inspiration so I would say for pure entertainment if nothing else, check out some Daniel Simons design work, and Scott Robertson.

Just a different angle..

5. linziloop

linziloop Member

One of my all time fave designers is a guy called Nando Costa, known for his excellent use of colour particularly:

Nando Costa

Last year when in Rotterdam I also discovered this lesser-known guy called Eelco Van Den Burg, not a famous one, but I just love his work:

Eelco van den Berg

And at the risk of being cliche, can't help loving a bit of Ian Anderson of The Designers Republic ;)

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  6. PixoidPete

PixoidPete New Member

I really like the work of Andy Potts, and Scotty Reifsnyder

7. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

8. AdamPalethorpe

AdamPalethorpe New Member

Thanks for that, really like Nando Costa now that you pointed that work out, great find

9. CheapLeaflets

CheapLeaflets New Member

10. clumsychaos

clumsychaos New Member

Good topic, was just thinking the exact same thing myself yesterday. I have no clue about famous/inspiring designers, so this will help a lot. Good stuff.

11. YellowPeril

YellowPeril Member

I just had a look through the people mentioned but would they not be better described as illustrators rather than designers?