Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your favourite body fonts?

Discussion in 'Font Forum:' started by Xenonsoft, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

What are your favourite body fonts (and sizes?)

Curious, just choosing which font to go for on a site I'm working on.

Arial is still up there for me, albeit a rip-off font. Tahoma ticks some boxes too.

2. KevJaques

KevJaques Member

Well presuming your trying to stick with Web Standards fonts ;)
    Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, Tahoma, Lucida Sans unicode - Georgia (sub headings within body)

minimum of 0.8em for main fonts, +size for headers -size for smaller non essentials

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  3. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Cheers Kev :icon_smile:

I'm a big fan of Georgia too, using it in a current project for the headers and even logo.

4. salvador

salvador Member

Hey Fred

I presonally love Lucida Grande and Myriad Pro - substitued by Lucida Sans unicode as being a standard font.

~Peace~

5. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Cheers Salvs. Just noticed Lucida grande myself, it isn't bad.

6. 30two

30two New Member

<--- another vote for Georgia. Although if you're going really small, then Arial/Verdana are as good as any.

7. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

I echo your exact thoughts 30two, Georgia isn't perfect for going small, but beautiful for medium to large.

8. andyd8

andyd8 Member

Oooooooooh Helvetica Neue, Lubalin Graph, Gotham and Garamond (for the hoity toity stuff)

9. yogavenger

yogavenger New Member

Dare I say it? Font replacement!

You could always do font replacement and use non web-safe fonts. Then the sky's the limit. Although this is best used in moderation as it can make screen rendering a pig. And then there is licensing for the font…

Still, at least it gives the option of taking non web-safe fonts to the screen.

10. yogavenger

yogavenger New Member

…but to answer the question

I like most web safe fonts for use in some way or another but one of my top choices is Lucida Grande / Lucida Sans. It's what I use on my own blog.