You Thought We Wouldn't Notice

Thanks for posting that Lee, not seen it before, really like their site name :)
Some of the website ones are crazy!
Greg

I remember designing a website for a well know Scottish hotel. Less than a month after it was launched some hotel had not only copied the design but all the HTML and left our company name at the top of the code!

Hi David,
Welcome along to Design Forums! :D
and that's shocking! was you able to get them to take it down? did you have to take any legal action?
Greg

Cool, I guess if your client felt the same way then it's up to them.
I've recently been accused of copying the design for this very site from another forum, naturally I was very offended as this design took me a long time, and a lot of work! So interested to hear how people have dealt with such issues :)

hmm, probably best not to tell us Greg - you dont want to get into any bother!

I for one know how this design developed as i saw it - certainly no lifting of another design!

I dunno how you could 'steal' a forum design anyway!?

"You put the avatar on the left and the message on the right just like we do - I'll be speaking to my lawyer"!?!

Haha, yeah!
I think it was just a minority who felt the designs looked similar, I personally think they're very different, and Design Forums is very unique, since defending the design and showing them where my design originated (actually on a personal project for a job board - www.ukwebdesignjobs.co.uk) I haven't heard anymore from them, and I never actually received an e-mail just found the thread when checking referring sites in the stats for DF.

The comment that this was like another forum was stupid. Its nothing like it at all.

Back