Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You know you've irritated your web host when...

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by bigdave, Dec 9, 2013.

1. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

I'm trying to cram 101 crappy little jobs into one evening and a good chunk of them have been housekeeping on the server I host on.... Its all fairly mundane stuff like tidying up folders for sites I'm working on, popping holding pages up for others, creating email accounts etc.. but my web host is fairly new to me and I'm not 100% on where things are hidden in their UI or what I can and cant do, so I keep asking questions. I assumed (as with mos companies) it's a really clever computer system that could respond to questions like a human.. but either I've worked out how to piss off a computer or 'David' who is manning the the 24hr help desk has had enough of me as these have been the responses to my last few questions:

following 4 or 5 other questions since 9pm...
  2. @GCarlD

@GCarlD Well-Known Member

You really did piss off that computer!
  3. Edge

Edge Active Member

This is the one I like: 'I really don't know! Just go do it, see what happens.'
    Reminds me of a senior developer who used to write some amazing code and I asked him if he had any special method of doing things and he just said he didn't know, he just sort of clicked on things until they worked.
  4. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

I sorta do that with new software.

I just click all the buttons in all the menus to see what happens.

Anything that can be done can be undone...right?
  5. Edge

Edge Active Member

Well usually...
    I tend to leave the big red buttons alone or close my eyes when clicking them...
  6. bsugar

bsugar Member

Hi Big D,

Did you manage to find someone that gives the service that you need? I'm in the same kind of situation?, Lol, its hell