You know you're a designer when

rossnorthernunion said:
- when you show a piece of work to a (usually older) family member in a way of showing them what you do at work and they say -

"thats nice - did you take the pictures?"

"no"

"Oh did you write the words then?"

"no"

"Oh - thats nice then"

"F**k off"

Oh, that's so me! I proudly unveil my latest Photoshopped masterpiece and get barraged with: "That photo of a flower, did you take that?" Got it from Flickr. "That, erm, tahx-chure thing you used, is that yours?" Downloaded from the Stock Exchange. "What about that swirly thing in the corner?" Oh, that's a brush. "Well, what did you do?" Um...I found everything?

My friends call me a fontpotato, because (while my skill at ID'ing typefaces is not extraordinary by any means), I am the only one who has noticed that all apartment house pool signage uses Optima.

Bittbox has two really funny posts along the same vein:

• You see CMYK and RGB like Neo sees the Matrix.
  • When you look at Album art all you see are grunge Photoshop Brushes. (Then you see the album art a couple minutes later)
  • You bookmark a resource more often than you have a fun night out on the town.
From here, and here's the sequel.

This is so true: You are pro-facebook because 95% of the myspace accounts burn your retinas

I HATE myspace, I have an account only so I can see other friends profiles but beyond that...no.

And I don't do the caffeine thing, I stopped drinking caffeine about 4 years ago just as a test to myself to see how long I can go without it...refuse to drink it now :) My morning wakeup is a nice fruit smoothie...gets me up everytime.

You know you're a graphic designer when:

You've named your budgie 'FiftyTenEightyZero' and your Dalmation's name is 'Bitmap'

Harry said:
When you're job title is designer…? Probably the biggest clue.

Point out the blatantly obvious there Harry :lol:

chrismitchell said:
Point out the blatantly obvious there Harry :lol:

tim-ater said:
Did you go to Oxford?

That was the point. You don't need all these clues when you should know. It's like 'does this shirt make me look gay?' No but the **** in your **** does!

This is amazing.

Berry, I love these ones:

You find therapy standing in the graphic department of Borders
You collect direct mail pieces in cardboard boxes for 'reference' - I've been doing this since I was about 12, and now I can barely move.

I also second trying to press ctrl+z to undo mistake in real life... I get so sad when I realise I can't save a copy of real life, then make some changes, and if I don't like how it turns out, go back to the old version... :(

Back