yet another "great" olympics poster

BenJonesDesign

oh dear,

just saw this on the creative review site and thought it was absolutely ridiculous. This poster is supposedly a proposed official poster for the 2012 olympics....... really?

howard_hodgkin_swimming_1_0.jpg

There's a 'collection' that is handed to the Queen and 'art collections' every olympics, this is part of them. The rest aren't much better.

This one is supposed to show a person swimming..... I see a frog if I'm being a bit liberal with my interpretation of the shapes......

Maybe they're getting 10 year olds to paint things for the adverts.. as they are better at painting than whoever did the logo LOL

ah yes that explains the rest of them in this link

what do they do.... ha just saw your post Chris as I'm writing this..... yes probably right.

Well it's probably like what the random people who join here at times do, put it out there to everybody and anybody as a "competition", cutting costs on their part as they don't have to pay the "designers". Which then I suppose answers the question, "why would anybody pay for this work?", they dont....

BenJonesDesign said:
ah yes that explains the rest of them in this link

what do they do.... ha just saw your post Chris as I'm writing this..... yes probably right.

Well it's probably like what the random people who join here at times do, put it out there to everybody and anybody as a "competition", cutting costs on their part as they don't have to pay the "designers". Which then I suppose answers the question, "why would anybody pay for this work?", they dont....

Take a look at some of the 'artist' names, some are pretty big names supposedly :D

Pretentious and doesn't communicate the Olympics in anyway for a commercial environment.

One off pieces of art - fine.

Promotional posters to raise awareness and communicate the history and importance of the Olympics - fail.

just checked out some of the "artist's" other pieces of work from their portfolios. Here's another wonderful piece from the portfolio of the guy that created the above piece....

9k=

something tells me this all isn't quite legit.......

ah desert landscape through curtained windows... quality piece of work that is lol

FFS...

Here's a picture of the Solar System my 7-year old nephew drew, the first time he tried using my graphics tablet. Or is it a monumental piece of Olympic art worthy to be in the Tate Modern? Who can tell these days!

Attachments

• sam-space-picture-for-school-2.jpg
    sam-space-picture-for-school-2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 8
you can always tell which ones are from the people like the ones who were in your art class at school who never really cared and always produced rubbish, yet now they are seemingly doing better than you? what happened?

I will never understand how things like that can be considered art. I'd love to have a conversation with the people that create these things and question them about how it can be considered art, just to see how much bull**** they pull out their arses.

ha I have had many of a conversation about what is considered as art, problem is practically everything can be art in one way or another, when you talk to the real emotion artists they always come back with, "it's all about the meaning man, think about the story it tells" "erm, ye but it's a brick?" that sort of thing

BenJonesDesign said:
oh dear,

just saw this on the creative review site and thought it was absolutely ridiculous. This poster is supposedly a proposed official poster for the 2012 olympics....... really?

howard_hodgkin_swimming_1_0.jpg

Sad, isn't it?

Back