XP Or Vista

well then they made 2 of them then produced 1,000,000,000,000 crap ones :p :lol:

I wanna stand up for Vista too! What's wrong with it? (apart from the security screen which pops up every 5 minutes and nearly gives you a heart attack by turning the screen black when you're in the middle of a design you haven't saved for 4 hours...)

Music To The Eyes said:
I wanna stand up for Vista too! What's wrong with it? (apart from the security screen which pops up every 5 minutes and nearly gives you a heart attack by turning the screen black when you're in the middle of a design you haven't saved for 4 hours...)

Which can be turned off...
I'm using vista, and the windows sidebar is very useful, keep up to date with twitter, msn, have a calculator and a todo list on it.
Sure it's slow to start, but I cant remember the last time I restarted my laptop in a hurry.

Yeah, I need to turn it off...

Yeah, I love the live search on the start menu too. Very very useful. Mine isn't slow to start - SO much faster than my old machine which was running XP - the again, that was probably because the PC itself was shite!

Slightly off topic - how many of you use Macs? I'm doing some work experience at the moment in a design agency, and they all swear by Macs and hate PCs. They're yet to convince me to switch over though - don't think there's anything a Mac can do that my PC can't.

renniks said:
I'm using vista, and the windows sidebar is very useful, keep up to date with twitter, msn, have a calculator and a todo list on it.
Soooo, that, ladies and gentlemen... is what we call Dashboard :rolleyes:

Music To The Eyes said:
Yeah, I love the live search on the start menu too...
Aaaaaand.... Spotlight:clap:

Obvious PS: I'm a Mac user :p

Well in all fairness, I don't think a Mac can do anything more, it just does it faster, because of the intuitive and pleasant work flow.

Haha. Well I don't know what mac I'm on at the moment, but it's slower than my home PC. And I think a PC is more intuitive... but I suppose it depends on what you've grown up on?

I grew up on Windows ;)
I've been using Mac for the past two years now, and it only took me a month or two to fall in love with it.

@ Muc To the Yes - Who's Oratis? :p
Lol I wish I had picked a better, more pronounceable name -.-

Never seen anyone post </div> at the end of their post, but I'm guessing you're trying to change the subject? I agree, let's change the subject :p

</div> (pretty neat and maybe slightly geeky trick :p)

i was once like you, grew up on pcs and *hated* macs... but that was down to OS9 and Quark... since OSX has been out and InDesign has taken over, I've been converted... I still use both, but Macs are the way to go with design imo... PCs are better for website design though, again imo, but I don't do very much of that... oh, and emule and PCs have WinAmp... I hate iTunes.

Still prefer PC's here, used Macs at college for a while and they were ok but I prefer a more all round machine and for me Vista does that.

Am I an oddity in that I don’t prefer one over the other? - I use Mac at work and PC at home and once you’ve got used to the quirks in each machine I don’t think there’s a lot to tell them apart.

The benefit of a Mac is seemingly all the designers/printers I work with use the same so your all singing from the same hymn sheet as it were.

The downside is the Mac purists in our team have real problems with the web developers and PCs.

I think the phrase swings and roundabouts sums it best for me.

Back