Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTD: Sony Watchman or Equiv

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Sunburn, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

Hey guys I'm on the look out for a Sony Watchman or equivalent, you know the 1970's 1980's pocket TVs.

FD-210BE

I need one with an external A/V input though as I'm looking to rig it up to a live feed.
    If anyone can help that would be great, otherwise I'm going to have to take my chances at car-boots and charity shops.[​IMG]

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

you're after an external source for a vid cam I assume. Can't you get them from jessops?

3. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

Hrrm nope not exactly. I'm looking to be able to do minute focus adjustments with mydslr camera on far distant objects like stars whilst out and about at night. My current camera don't support viewing what the sensor see,s in realtime. And the eye is not sensitive enough to do the focus adjustments through the. View finder.

4. Levi

so is it to out put the 'viewfinder' or to close look up on the image taken?

oh and the camera outputs would be handy. Thinking I may have an idea :)

5. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

yes the camera has real-time video out, and a simple solution would be to lugg a laptop about with me, but this isn't really practical, hense the need for a very cheap solution :) If i can veiw the realtime data from the sensor I can adjust focus without the need to fire a shot off. Alternatively I could save up and by a camera with live view built into it :)

6. Levi

7. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

Cheers Levi,
    but the sonywatch mans can be picked up for £3-30 quid.

8. Levi

IF you can find one :p

9. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

trying my chances here :)

10. Greg

Greg Active Member