Wrong description on google

bigdave

I've worked on a site for someone and now its live the google description is coming up a bit strange:

Screenshot2013-08-15at084705_zpseda0da5c.png

I've submitted the site to google, I've verified the site, I've updated the meta description but its had no effect. Anyone got any idea what else I need to do to get an accurate description?

When I search for them directly I get;

Qualtek Electrical Safety Ltd are experts in Health & Safety compliance. We strive to provide our clients with professional & affordable services, whilst never ...

Have you tried with a 'fresh' browser. I see you've visited the page a few times!

Google also shows either the META description OR a section of text from the web page depending on what it decides is more relevant at the time. Some have even suggested that, as with META Keywords, there is an argument to not bother with a META description (although I'm not sure I agree with that!)

One thing I noticed this morning is that the META title had even been changed by Google in the search results from what it says on the actual page. It was correct yesterday and what it's showing today is still relevant, so it doesn't looks like an error, more of a re-ordering but I'm not sure how this works yet so will be keeping an eye on it!

Back