Writing Blog Filler Isn't Worth It

I write a blog which is nothing to do with my design work, but my handmade stuff. I have posted a few things that have been rather popular as have given some advice that wasn't out there already regarding selling at festivals etc. I do often have a little moment of panic when i haven't blogged for a while but the beauty of this kind of subject matter is that to "fill the space" I can quite often just post pics of some of my fave handmade finds and people seem to still love that :D Visual posts are great in that way.

Out of curiosity Tony, how many visits do you get to your blog on a good day vs bad day?

I suppose the time taken to write 2-3 fillers could generate a nice article which does get engagement.
I don't run a blog, but I do a lot of blogging activity and one thing I look for is social engagement, first to grow the blog but also generate social signals which help with SEO.

I would rather have 100 good articles then 75 good and 50 bad.

Plus giving your users the good stuff everyday I believe would kind of have a negative effect, you want them to wait for it but just not to long so when it does come they are more excited and do comment and share when it's there.

Just my 2pennys.

Out of curiosity Tony, how many visits do you get to your blog on a good day vs bad day?

When I don't post a blog post I get between 30 and 40 visits according to Analytics. Then on the day of a blog post it normally doubles plus a bit. Some blog posts obviously being more successful and read than others.

How are you doing visit wise?

When I don't post a blog post I get between 30 and 40 visits according to Analytics. Then on the day of a blog post it normally doubles plus a bit. Some blog posts obviously being more successful and read than others.

How are you doing visit wise?

That's REALLY similar to my visit numbers actually! I wonder how that compares across the web?

That's REALLY similar to my visit numbers actually! I wonder how that compares across the web?

I have no idea. Wonder if any of the guys from here could enlighten us? Also, where do you rank for your desired search terms?
I'm ranking 3rd currently for Design Agency Newcastle...and the traffic increase is up by maybe 10.

i have a blog but i usually just write about anything to do with the city of liverpool (art / design wise) or just small things mainly and offers.

i have a blog but i usually just write about anything to do with the city of liverpool (art / design wise) or just small things mainly and offers.

I've never been able to bring myself around to putting my pricing structure online for people. Working on putting together some printing/web design deals. How does it work out for you @NUGFX?

I've never been able to bring myself around to putting my pricing structure online for people. Working on putting together some printing/web design deals. How does it work out for you @NUGFX?

It works fine for me. those prices are web price but if they contact me via phone or meetup i always sort out a good deal eg. throw in some business cards, compliment slips (something usually small) to keep the cumstomer sweet, ive just purchased a T Shirt press so im gonna start doing some T Shirts also soon but have 2 look at wholesale prices for T's 1st. but i dont include print costs in my graphic work, the cost is for design only.

Yes, I sometimes use blog fillers in order to keep my blog updated with freash and interesting content. I use videos from youtube, for example.

Back