Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you eat a Burger grown in a Lab?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by FurnitureGuy, Aug 5, 2013.

1. FurnitureGuy

FurnitureGuy Member

2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Nope, no chance.

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

I probably would.
  4. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

Yep, no issues - have eaten a wide and varied selection travelling / as a student.

Boss Hog wouldn't - he's strictly McDonalds/Burger King.
  5. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

...maybe in 10 years, if you lot haven't grown tails by then I will give it a go :icon_biggrin:
    Minuteman Press likes this.
  6. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

I wouldn't eat a burger - and I'm not a vegetarian....

Bacon sarny?
  8. chrismorr

chrismorr New Member

To be fair it is another first in Science, for the simple fact it is the first burger to contain 100% actual beef :icon_smile:

Indeed. It's probably more of a burger than a Big Mac.
  10. chrismorr

chrismorr New Member

My family and myself work in the meat industry, specifically butchers but we know people working in large meat processing plants. You would be surprised what is classed as edible meat and the ways they can get it, you'll definitely not find any ingredients in your local supermarket that's for sure!
  11. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

Yes! But bacon is not made from bits of animal that make me go yeugh!

Neither is this new scientific burger! :icon_notworthy:
  13. Orderart

Orderart New Member

I'd try anything once. Humanity may have to get used to science like this, with limited space and resources.
  14. robsteele

robsteele Member

Not into burgers really stick to steaks ;)
  15. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

As with many scientific discoveries, I strongly suspect that this whole thing came about by accident, a petri dish being the exact size and shape of a beefburger and all that... Expect the first test tube sausage any day now.
  16. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

At the end of the day - if they can produce meat grown in a lab that's nutritious and healthy then it could solve the crisis of world hunger.

And it would save the slaughter of animals.

All in all it's the future of how we will live, the next stage of our evolution and all that.
  17. rob burnham

rob burnham New Member

Agreed, once you get over the mental hang-ups of where the food comes from and focus on how much is gained at a minimal cost to the environment, it's hard to argue against it.