Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst Actors

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by mrp2049, Sep 8, 2011.

1. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Another forum I'm on is mid debate about awful actors, it's proving to be rather interesting. I thought I would open the floor over here!

One example I agreed with was John Wayne; is he acting or just being himself on camera? Completely one dimensional, yet has an iconic aura because of his films.

Personally, Hugh Grant. There is a wooden one dimensional idiot who just plays the same character over and over.

I also genuinely fail to see why Vince Vaughn keeps getting work. He isn't funny. He is dragged up by co-stars.
  2. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Interesting thread.

I agree with Hugh Grant. Howabout Jennifer Anniston. One of the highest payed female movie stars last year...but her movies are dire. I don't understand that. I know she stills gets the cheque for Friends (thank god that's dead) but sheesh!

The John Wayne thing is true also but don't forget best James Bond ever Sir Sean Connery.
    He's the same in every movie. He even won an Oscar for playing an Orish cop with a Scottish accent. His attempt at Russian was laughable. However we still love the guy and love his movies.

The mention of Vince Vaughn made me laugh which is more than his movies do.

I'll throw in Nicolas Cage...he's in anything...he can be good but mostly bad.

3. Dammit I was going to say Nicolas Cage.. watched FaceOff last night .. it was so painful LOL John Travolta does a better impression of Nicolas Cage than Nicolas Cage LOL
  4. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I don't know what it is with Cage, he will do anything and for some reason the last film Adaption, were he played a weaselly annoying guy....why does he think he can be an action star?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!? When will he just accept that he is bald and quit it with the wigs!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Miss Anniston just takes safe roles that pull in the average cinema goer on a sunday afternoon. Guilty of the same crime as Hugh Grant!

John Wayne, Sean Connery, Sylvester Stallone, dimensional people who play the same role but have enough charisma to pull it off. It's more annoying than anything else!

I have a slight issue with Daniel Craig after seeing Cowboys and Aliens, mostly because of his accent. It was about as convincing as Dick Van Dyke's!
  5. BenJonesDesign

BenJonesDesign Active Member

shall I throw tv actors into the equation.... oh what the hell, well ok maybe its pretty much any tv soap actor, Eastenders being the worst probably, that is one hilarious soap.
  6. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Jan Michael Vincent. He of AirWolf fame.
  7. Chris Lord

Chris Lord Senior Member

I have to agree with the Hugh Grant comment as well, although I have to disagree with the Jennifer Anniston one because she is, in fact, my wife... (she just keeps it quiet and kept her name as not to confuse things)

There seems to be a lot of these Hollywood actors that play the same roles in different films.