Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Working Weekends

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by glenwheeler, Sep 26, 2009.

1. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Hi Guys,

I've just started my new job and i hate it! After been at Uni for 4 years I end up getting a job in a call center working 9am - 10pm on Saturday and Sundays. I am about to start my first weekend shift and I'm not too pleased about it. This is just terrible!
  2. damn Glen :( i'm sorry you hate it :( I would say just think of the money you'll be earning and then it will hopefully help a little bit :)
  3. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

It's not so bad at least you got a job! It took me a year after graduating to get a job in design and even now it's not ideal, but you've just think of the experience ... any experience will help you and it's better than just sitting around. I'm sure it'll get better for you, the first few weeks you'll just need to settle in! :up:
  4. glenwheeler

Yeah Its monet at the end of the day and it been getting me out of the house but It's such a bad job. Its taken me nearly 5 months to get this job and its just about parking ya ss in a chair and answering moaning customers about thier sky been broken but hey...
  5. berry

berry Active Member

just wait till you get me on the end of the phone.............
  6. glenwheeler

lol @ Berry, Ill be glad to assist you!..
  7. berry

berry Active Member

You haven't hears me roast Sky Customer Service yet! Bet there is a big file on screen on me!
  8. glenwheeler

lol, give me your details and Ill take a look @ your account lol! j/king j/king ill probably get done for breach of DPA!
  9. berry

berry Active Member

Ha, go on let's get you fired! then you will have something to moan about!!!!!
  10. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

I used to work in a callcentre doing laser printer support for nearly 2 years. Did Telemarketing and outbound calls when I first came to London as well, even worse :cry:. Hated every minute of it so I can understand your frustrations :). Eventually you'll develop the "ignore asshole customer" skill and it gets easier :).
  11. glenwheeler

Call center work is horrible, when I finish there I wont be doing anymore!
  12. berry

berry Active Member

good grounding though.
  13. many years ago I worked for Going Places in their customer service department.. they get some real moany buggers there :lol:
  14. tim

tim Senior Member

probably my dad.
  15. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

well I've just finished hour 32 since friday!
  16. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

and got to meet me haha :D
  17. glenwheeler

Pure grafter! :up:
  18. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

...I'm still going godda finish this illustration for Monday delivery.
  19. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

well it would have been easier to say hello, had i not been up to my eyes!

just the way its rolling at the mo, busy day at my freelance regular gig friday and then trying to knock a fair few hours out of the park at the **** job so I can enjoy a bit more time off/focus on my freelance work.

It's all good, my weekend starts around 6pm sunday usually, monday off, lunch with my friend, her shop is closed monday or long walk with my blind friend, then back on the horse!
  20. sarah

sarah Member

man Sky customer service is the worst ever! It takes 45 minutes to actually get to speak to anyone. :(