Working internationally

mrp2049

Has anyone here done it?

Now I have started this, I am immediately remembering Chris and New Zealand, so that is one.

I am curious if anyone has considered it, where they have looked about jobs, did you consider going out first and then looking for work?

Love to hear you experiences.

Best thing to do is find a company in this country that does international recruitment if you want to be able to land in your chosen country then work within the first few days, alternatively go on a working holiday visa scheme, which you'll find in most countries :) then you can get there, survive for a month or 2 to get your barings etc then find work :) both ways work (i did the latter of the two).

I work very closely with a guy who has now moved to another country.

He had a very good design agency in my local area and he used me for a lot of website design work. He sold it up and then moved to spain and now lives out there permanently running a few projects from his home out there but still contracting me for website design work in the local area that he started in.

He kept all of his contacts and because of the good name that he got out within the area still has companies contact him abroad...

Just an example of how you can take work from your home country abroad with you

Just remember Mike anything you leave behind will follow you or catch up with you eventually :) i wouldn't think of it as running away or you'll end up regretting it eventually.. just from personal experience Mike :)

Cheers love, I know what you mean, I'll still be a self righteous arrogant prick no matter what country I am in!

I just thought I'd look into it, as I fancy a change.

mrp2049 said:
I'm looking for an excuse to run away! And leave it all behind!

I've been running away for quite some time and my experience says if the run is for good, then it is good to run. But i would suggest you to have a backup plans just in case things doesn't work out well. ;)

Back