Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

work work work

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by TomStutt, Oct 8, 2009.

1. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

Hey all,

I need to get some more work (like most peeps probably)

I work full time in IT and do design on a freelance basis but because im not getting much work my wife wants me to get a part time job. ahhhhhhhhhhhh

How can i get more work so she stops moaning at me.

Cheers

2. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Tell her to f*ck off.

I'm half serious here, she's moaning at you to get a part time job when you already have (a full time) one? Doesn't seem fair. What does she do?

3. Is there a reason behind needing more money Tom? Are you guys saving for anything in particular? :)

4. berry

berry Active Member

Give her some tool Fool!!!!! That'll shut her up!

5. Greg

Greg Active Member

With Harry on this one!
    You already work full-time and she wants you to get a part-time job as well?!

6. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

3rdededed.

If my lady told me to get another job I would probably tell her to take running jump right now. I do more hours in a weekend than she does all week! And thats at the rubbish job, rather than the good one!

7. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

i agree with everyone on this one

8. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

2 mr tickles floating around...

9. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

yes am saving thats why i need to work a bit more

10. Ahh ok .. are you saving together for a combined target sort of thing.. should you both get part time jobs to help save more money? :)

11. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Get her out on the streets....

12. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

remember not to forget how to enjoy life when saving. It may make you miserable............work, work, work with no fun could be a recipe for disaster.
    Life is simple don't make it hard to live.

13. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

:lol: this thread is classic, just don't show the missus!

Fair enough I think. If you're saving for something and your freelance isn't topping up your salary enough it may be time to find another source of cash. Sh*t happens!

Besides, you were asking how to get more work, not how to deal with your good lady pmsl!

h_ got it right though, all work and no play...................

14. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

yeah we are but i dont really want to get a part time job I would like to do some more freelance design work (in an ideal world)

15. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Oh my god harry that is too funny, so blunt - made me laugh out loud!

Get some business cards or some flyers made showing off your skills. Shot 'em at local businesses that look like they need a new logo or something.

16. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

HAHAHA! Quality stuff Harry! Can't beat that one

17. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

don't forget guys if I remember rightly Tom has a nipper which may put things in a different perspective I don't know the situation but presumably the MRS is looking after the nipper whilst Toms at work, whilst she could potentially go and work in the evening I guess Tom might have more earning potential?

Might not be as harse as it sounds (so long as dinners on the table when you get home ;) )

Tom maybe if IT is your day job you could do some freelancing in that when you don't have design work in about? at the end of the day even if you don't enjoy it that much you should be able to earn much more cash in IT than say take away delivery driving?

1 hr of IT consultancy/freelance = 4 hrs take away delivery driving?

18. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

No free pizza though...

hhhhmmmm free pizza....

19. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

@typo - it does always taste better when it's free! - Tom can the MRS drive? free money and free pizza? ;)

20. tim

tim Senior Member

do what i do when i want a job...

go into your local town/whatever (with one off shops or whatever) and ask if they need any flyers, branding, stationery, web creation, anything...

even if they say no your missus still thinks you're doing work and you never know what can pop up in the future. some people may just get back to you if you present yourself good enough