• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

work work work

TomStutt

Hey all,

I need to get some more work (like most peeps probably)

I work full time in IT and do design on a freelance basis but because im not getting much work my wife wants me to get a part time job. ahhhhhhhhhhhh

How can i get more work so she stops moaning at me.

Cheers

Harry

Tell her to f*ck off.

I'm half serious here, she's moaning at you to get a part time job when you already have (a full time) one? Doesn't seem fair. What does she do?

C

chrismitchell

Is there a reason behind needing more money Tom? Are you guys saving for anything in particular? :)

Greg

Harry said:
I'm half serious here, she's moaning at you to get a pert time job when you already have (a full time) one?
With Harry on this one!
You already work full-time and she wants you to get a part-time job as well?!

mrp2049

Greg said:
With Harry on this one!
You already work full-time and she wants you to get a part-time job as well?!
3rdededed.

If my lady told me to get another job I would probably tell her to take running jump right now. I do more hours in a weekend than she does all week! And thats at the rubbish job, rather than the good one!

C

chrismitchell

Ahh ok .. are you saving together for a combined target sort of thing.. should you both get part time jobs to help save more money? :)

h_freezy

remember not to forget how to enjoy life when saving. It may make you miserable............work, work, work with no fun could be a recipe for disaster.
Life is simple don't make it hard to live.

Tom Sound

:lol: this thread is classic, just don't show the missus!

Fair enough I think. If you're saving for something and your freelance isn't topping up your salary enough it may be time to find another source of cash. Sh*t happens!

Besides, you were asking how to get more work, not how to deal with your good lady pmsl!

h_ got it right though, all work and no play...................

TomStutt

yeah we are but i dont really want to get a part time job I would like to do some more freelance design work (in an ideal world)

allyally2k

Oh my god harry that is too funny, so blunt - made me laugh out loud!

Get some business cards or some flyers made showing off your skills. Shot 'em at local businesses that look like they need a new logo or something.

Harry said:
Tell her to f*ck off.

I'm half serious here, she's moaning at you to get a part time job when you already have (a full time) one? Doesn't seem fair. What does she do?

HAHAHA! Quality stuff Harry! Can't beat that one

tbwcf

don't forget guys if I remember rightly Tom has a nipper which may put things in a different perspective I don't know the situation but presumably the MRS is looking after the nipper whilst Toms at work, whilst she could potentially go and work in the evening I guess Tom might have more earning potential?

Might not be as harse as it sounds (so long as dinners on the table when you get home ;) )

Tom maybe if IT is your day job you could do some freelancing in that when you don't have design work in about? at the end of the day even if you don't enjoy it that much you should be able to earn much more cash in IT than say take away delivery driving?

1 hr of IT consultancy/freelance = 4 hrs take away delivery driving?

tim

do what i do when i want a job...

go into your local town/whatever (with one off shops or whatever) and ask if they need any flyers, branding, stationery, web creation, anything...

even if they say no your missus still thinks you're doing work and you never know what can pop up in the future. some people may just get back to you if you present yourself good enough