work in progress

matt

Half-res test-render of a 75% finished music video.

http://www.mattsimmondswork.com/~files/stumble/STUMBLE_02.mov

Some shots need changing/re-artworking; some effects and the snow dynamics need tweaks and adjustments; the audio bed is all over the place et cetera, et cetera but you get the idea.

Constructive criticism, as always, is welcome. At this late stage, however, suggestions regarding major things like the edit, narrative arc or character design probably ain't gonna happen.

Ta.

matt said:
Half-res test-render of a 75% finished music video.

http://www.mattsimmondswork.com/~files/stumble/STUMBLE_02.mov

Some shots need changing/re-artworking; some effects and the snow dynamics need tweaks and adjustments; the audio bed is all over the place et cetera, et cetera but you get the idea.

Constructive criticism, as always, is welcome. At this late stage, however, suggestions regarding major things like the edit, narrative arc or character design probably ain't gonna happen.

Ta.

I like it, you know the part when the three guys reveal their scarves (when releasing the wolf) their nostrils looks so weird and creepy, and I think the whole thing is too long which makes it boring..

Is there going to be more animation/movement? Excuse the ignorance, it's been a long old time since I talked video! I am guessing the test nature of the render means there will be, but I am unsure.

I like the concept, but the production of the song bothered me (drums sounded awful, where is a decent snare sound when you need it?), but that is nothing to do with you, so don't worry about that!

What is the song about mate, it would help me more to give you some tips. I have done alot of animation at Uni but I am certainly not the best and I think your doing a great job! At the moment it seems like the video is not telling me anything as I dont know what the song is about. Do you have the lyrics?

Who or what are the animals fighting against in the end? :confused:
And I agree with Mohammad, their noses look a little messed up in the wolf scene.

I like the video itself but I have no idea if it's related to the song, I'll just trust you :)

There won't be any more movement as such, the whole piece is supposed to be slow paced with a gradual build toward the end. This was/is as much of a time management decision as a creative one — this whole video has been written, designed, storyboarded, illustrated and animated in five weeks.

Like most videos, it's not a literal translation of the lyrics or the meaning of the song. The idea came from their album artwork. The illustrative style is directly lifted from the album and the narrative arc is telling the back story, if you like, of the image on the LP.

As I mentioned some of the shots need re-artworking and the CUs of the people who free the wolf are on that list.

Back