Work experience letter

Hannahg

I sent an enquiry letter for work to a company, they said they didn't have any vacancies to match my skills and experience but they said my CV was of interest.
Now I want to send them a letter asking for work experience. What would I say in this letter, because I feel I have already covered everything in the enquiry letter?

I would appreciate any advice.

Don't say it in a letter, say it in a piece of communication dialogue. Send them a 'letter'/mailer wrapped around a packet of McVities Digestives/Donuts etc saying that you will supply the biscuits if they supply the opportunity - or something like that. Make an impression. Be creative. A letter just gets binned. Trust me, my wastebasket is full of unimaginative correspondence. Good luck

You should start out with something like:

I received a letter from you stating that my CV was of interest, though you have no vacancies that match my skills. I would like to offer myself for work experience (paid or unpaid)..

That would be a nice way of putting it :)

Berry said:
Don't say it in a letter, say it in a piece of communication dialogue. Send them a 'letter'/mailer wrapped around a packet of McVities Digestives/Donuts etc saying that you will supply the biscuits if they supply the opportunity - or something like that. Make an impression. Be creative. A letter just gets binned. Trust me, my wastebasket is full of unimaginative correspondence. Good luck

Ignore what I said :) Berry's idea was much better :D

Miss P said:
Thank you, I like the idea, but I'm not quite sure that's really me. Any other ideas?

If that's not really you then I would find another alternative career path pretty quick, because you'll not get into this one if you're uncomfortable about selling yourself.

This is not a business for shy bairns.

I am very good at selling myself in an interview or networking, just not on a packet of bisquits. :)
I just need some way of getting myself across a different way, that's all. :)
I really appreciate your time in helping me and thank you for your idea.

Seriously wise words from Berry!

Not necessarily biscuits, but think along that line. I was talking to a friend at an agency the other day and he said he loves this time of year, because they get all manner of goodies attached to CVs, from sweets to booze, random fun things....

Basically think something more/better than a letter, whatever suits you.

I can't understand why I can't find any advice on what to write. I mean I've covered everything in my enquiry letter, except asking for work experience.

We once got sent a CV and some really cheap sweets, unfortunately the CV ended up in the same place as the sweets. It kind of felt like he was cutting costs because he was sending loads of CVs out and no one was that desperate for a KwikSave sherbet.
So choose wisely, I Like free pens!

Back