Wordpress Themes

djb

Does anyone use off-the-shelf themes for clients? I ask because I’ve had two people approach me with budgets way below what I would normally ask for to design a WordPress site, but I’d like the work so have offered to take a standard theme and just modify it a little for them. It just feels a bit cheeky perhaps so was wondering what others do.

Does anyone use off-the-shelf themes for clients? I ask because I’ve had two people approach me with budgets way below what I would normally ask for to design a WordPress site, but I’d like the work so have offered to take a standard theme and just modify it a little for them. It just feels a bit cheeky perhaps so was wondering what others do.

I know a fair few people who find a theme that fits the layout they're looking for and then butcher it up a bit to customise it, if this is how you mean.

I always think that, as long as you are honest with the customer and they realise their budget isn't going to get bespoke, it isn't a problem. At least they get a site and you get some income.

Back