Wordpress theme

Anyone here a wordpress theme developer? I'm looking to update my site and I want to create a custom theme, based on one that already exists, but altered to suit my purposes.

Simple as that, give me a shout with work examples if you're interested.

Thanks

I can create custom wp designs, but depending what ur after and coding required it could cost a bit. If ur interested let me no and tell me what requirements u need and I can quote an estimate

Without wanting to hijack the thread, can I make a similar request? Again, would be looking to base my design around a template I find and like, but just looking at costs and so on really if anyone is willing to also send me some figures and example through as well.

Cheers.

For me, I prefer to build themes from scratch - that way you build only the exact functionality required for the particular project. Its very rare, infact I bet impossible that you'll find an off the shelf theme that gives you exactly what you want. And I can almost guarantee that any theme you download from somewhere like theme forest will have loads of other bloat in there. This can be helpful to give the theme more configuration / customisation options but this is more just to sell the theme. It is likely to take a lot longer for a developer to do some extra bespoke customisations on top of and be more difficult to work with because of this. It all depends on the individual job / requirements though...

For me, I prefer to build themes from scratch - that way you build only the exact functionality required for the particular project. Its very rare, infact I bet impossible that you'll find an off the shelf theme that gives you exactly what you want. And I can almost guarantee that any theme you download from somewhere like theme forest will have loads of other bloat in there. This can be helpful to give the theme more configuration / customisation options but this is more just to sell the theme. It is likely to take a lot longer for a developer to do some extra bespoke customisations on top of and be more difficult to work with because of this. It all depends on the individual job / requirements though...

Fair enough - I was under the impression it may be easier if there was already an existing template of a similar structure.

I would want to provide designs and so on completely my own, but just thought it would be worth finding something nice as a starting point and then planning my site around that sort of structure, but no worries!

Back