Wordpress Theme

alynthomashodgson said:
Aarlev - quick Q, is this a .jpg you have put together that will then get converted to XHTML/CSS for the final design?

Yep. Just a Photoshop mockup so far and then I'll convert it to XHTML/CSS.

tbwcf said:
I think its looking good.

TBH I would just get a colour scheme that works and is fairly neutral as a really when someone downloads your template to use they should be applying their own colour scheme. You could even offer a few options within the css, comment bits out / uncomment for blue version / uncomment for grey etc.

Its the markup that really matters

Thanks. That's a good idea tbwcf. I'll look into that. I'd like to have the option for people to change the top image as well or use JS to have it as slides that fade slowly. And I'll add the footer stuff on build as well.

I know there's a pretty simple way of using a Random header image so you basicly put your header images all in one folder and a random one will load up each time - which keeps the site a little more fresh when a user repeat visits.

I think this guy does it in one of his themes, WordPress Themes — Pearsonified, their good to look at for examples on customisation too, I think he links in an extra style sheet "custom" (a exact duplicate) after his regular one so that you can change anything in there to customise it but still jump back to the original by clearing the custom styles if something goes wrong.

Also I think you can probably put something in the 'options' area in the WP back end to change the colours (swap style sheets?) but that's bit beyond me at the mo...

tbwcf said:
I know there's a pretty simple way of using a Random header image so you basicly put your header images all in one folder and a random one will load up each time - which keeps the site a little more fresh when a user repeat visits.

Yeah I think it can be done with a bit of PHP. I remember using an old script for it on a site ages ago.

@Aarlev,

This theme would work well in a bunch of other colours, so when/if you release it offer a few options then people won't need to change much for it to fit their company branding.

Back