Wordpress Theme and plugin

logoyelp

Im new to this site. My name is Roberto and need some more info and help with starting to create my new website.Im stuck in choosing a wordpress theme. I want to sell tickets for contests om my site but in stuck how to start an which theme to choose. theme must be with woocommerce.
Basically people who want to buy tickets can choose the product, add to cart and checkout. But I want to have information like first and last name, email. phone, for if this person wins I can contact them. How can I see the list at the backend in wordpress dashboard, Do I have to choose a plugin like EVent ticket in wordpress. I saw some paid options but thats expensive since im a beginner. Calendar is not needed. Can I try with the free version of event ticket or is there another option.If somebody knows an example site it would be also nice to see how someone else set this up. Im a starter and have some basic knowledge for wordpress, via youtube. also tickets must be numbered because of drawing with participate numbers. About the theme, I searched themeforest website like crazy but cannot find the right theme, theme has to have,option for woocommerce, WPML- because site will be in ducth instead of english. and payment will go through Ideal, thats a banking system here, with API key. thats possible with mollie payment plugin in woocommerce. Or Can I work with woocommerce and use the add to cart option and proceed to checkout to pay. ANd do I have to do the option for Login and Register...It has to be simple for particpants to pay as guest but I have to have some info like first, last name, email and maybe phone. Not everybody wants to register. I have to see the info of participants ant the backend in wordpress dashboard so I can make a csv file or import it in excel.
Can somebody please help me, I know its a lot. but Im stuck here.
Thanks for reading.
gr roberto

If you are just starting out it doesn’t matter what theme you use. Any of the free themes will do for now. If you are selling tickets you don’t need woocommerce. There are plenty of digital download plugins you can use.

You don’t need WPML either. You can install Wordpress in any language. Themes are universal, all the labels and content are written in the language you choose.

I’m not really sure though what you mean by the person who wins. Is this some sort of lottery? If so how do you choose who wins?

Fisicx, it is something like a lottery but not for cash. And I have to check out how to make a draw for the winners. Because I thought by every sale I make for the tickets it will have a starting number for the contestants, and for the drawing I will use these numbers to choose a winner. It is still a big question for me, hot to do that but I think I will figure it out. I saw once something on google, for drawers...you have tu put a starting and ending number and it will draw a random winner number by itself. Maybe thats something to try out. About the language, say I install wordpress in my language does it also means that the cart buttons will be in my language and also the checkout page with the account details, will it also be in my language.
I saw some tutorials that I have to do the language change per page.
thanks

Woo commerce isn't the right way to do this. Wordpress is OK but you need a bespoke plugin/theme to manage the actual lottery. This can include the random number generator to pick and automatically notify the winner.

This will also solve your language issues.

Back