Wordpress Quiz with Powerful Features?

Leom

I am wonder if any of you guys stumbled upon a plugin for creating a quiz that might apply to my needs.
I have a small community that needs a new role for our elite members to join by taking the quiz and passing. the quiz is limited to members registered through our WP and can only be modified to be taken once only( might be useful). Upon submitting their answers, a moderator can look at each submission and read through answers + provided information requested by the quiz. Having a feature where people who passed the quiz would be assigned to a new role would be great! upon the completion of the quiz, we would be approving whoever passed the quiz into entering another app which will be done manually hence why we need the mods to see the quiz results per submission for them to approve them.

1- User group limitation(Wp users): only selected role can take quiz.
2- answers/submissions/quiz logging ( to be checked by mods).
3- simple but secure ( had issues with a quiz before where people could press F12 and go through elements to find the correct answer out of the source of the page).
4- Manual grading would be good as a feature but not required( it would be good if we want people to express an answer in their own words).

Please do suggest a plugin you know of that would fit in with all the needs above.

Thanks for your time!

Why complicate things. Just create a form with a field for each question. Add the form to a password protected orphan page and send the URL/password to applicable users.

I doubt you will find a plugin with that very specific set of criteria. That being said it's an easy thing to code if you have the funds to pay a developer.

Why complicate things. Just create a form with a field for each question. Add the form to a password protected orphan page and send the URL/password to applicable users.

I doubt you will find a plugin with that very specific set of criteria. That being said it's an easy thing to code if you have the funds to pay a developer.

Do you know any good devs that work around wp plugins? I can pay if it is within budget.

we prefer something in-site rather than using a 3rd party to do the work. google forms are good and we use them, we just want something local and with the ability to assign roles for people who pass the test.

Hello,.. WP developer here. :giggle:

The easiest way to build this would be javascript..however as js is a front end language everything happens in the browser so if you're giving realtime feedback on right or wrong answers they will need to be served to the browser in some format. This means that viewing source will likely reveal the answers. One way round this would be to not give live feedback and rely on the moderator / admin who's checking the answers to know which are correct/incorrect. By the time youve gone down this route, youve essentially reinvented the wheel as it's just a bog standard form that you could create using contactform7 or gravtyforms.

Another option would be using php. However this gets messy as to retreive an answer from the database a request needs to go to the server, meaning each question would require a submit button and previous answers stored in the database to return a final result.

With all that taken into consideration I would say that @fisicx suggestion of using a form plugin is probably the best option. Take a look at Gravity Forms, it has a huge repository of addons (including quizzes) which will probably achieve what you're looking for with minimal cost.

Good luck and feel free to give me a shout if there's anything you need help with.

we prefer something in-site rather than using a 3rd party to do the work. google forms are good and we use them, we just want something local and with the ability to assign roles for people who pass the test.

I might be being a bit daft, but you originally asked for a plugin - which is automatically a 3rd party, no?

But I see one of the forum devs has chipped in - so I'd like to know what would be so different from using google forms and using GravityForm - excuse my ignorance, but this topic interests me too, and if I can learn a bit it would be great to know.

Ive never actually used google forms but the way I understand the system, the main difference between that and something like gravity is the way in which you manage, create and process data and forms.

Using GF, forms would be created from within a google account using the GF interface. Data supplied to that form would also be stored and managed through the google account interface on google's servers. To then serve that form to a website a script needs to be generated and added to a site that utilises the google api to fetch the form and then return data submitted through the form.

A plugin like gravity brings all of that within the wordpress interface. Forms are generated from the WP backend and can be added to a page with a basic shortcode. Data thats submitted through the form is stored within the WP database and can be manipulated, edited, deleted at the user's will.

Hello,.. WP developer here. :giggle:

The easiest way to build this would be javascript..however as js is a front end language everything happens in the browser so if you're giving realtime feedback on right or wrong answers they will need to be served to the browser in some format. This means that viewing source will likely reveal the answers. One way round this would be to not give live feedback and rely on the moderator / admin who's checking the answers to know which are correct/incorrect. By the time youve gone down this route, youve essentially reinvented the wheel as it's just a bog standard form that you could create using contactform7 or gravtyforms.

Another option would be using php. However this gets messy as to retreive an answer from the database a request needs to go to the server, meaning each question would require a submit button and previous answers stored in the database to return a final result.

With all that taken into consideration I would say that @fisicx suggestion of using a form plugin is probably the best option. Take a look at Gravity Forms, it has a huge repository of addons (including quizzes) which will probably achieve what you're looking for with minimal cost.

Good luck and feel free to give me a shout if there's anything you need help with.

Hey Bigdave!

I appreciate your explanation of how we can overcome that issue of revealing answers through source. Its true if I switch to forms, things will have to be dealt with manually (which isn't something essential but preferred in some cases) and I will be looking into Gravity Forms as suggested by you! thanks for your reply and I'll keep you updated and contact you in case I ran into an issue.

I might be being a bit daft, but you originally asked for a plugin - which is automatically a 3rd party, no?

But I see one of the forum devs has chipped in - so I'd like to know what would be so different from using google forms and using GravityForm - excuse my ignorance, but this topic interests me too, and if I can learn a bit it would be great to know.

You got a point there, but the idea of not using forms and using a plugin instead is that I can store the data locally and not having to use google sheets then exporting it back to my db through Google API as @bigdave mentioned. I tend to use 2 of the fields submitted by the users to validate another DB with user ID and that's the reason why I called GF 3rd party and not plugins if you know what I mean.

Thanks buddy, I'll keep you guys updated through the progress of getting this done!

I've already built a plugin I can easily adapt to do everything you want. It stores all the data in the database so you can see the results in your dashboard, download as a CSV or even email the whole thing to yourself.

Back