Wordpress Question

Will

Is it possible to create a site using Wordpress similar in structure to this site below?
Caribbean Collection Cheap Holidays - Home

The main thing I'm worried about are the hotel listings when you view a country page. For example;
Caribbean Collection Cheap Holidays

I'm thinking that I can create categories for each country, and each new blog post (hotel) will be added to a category (country). Then I can have the 'Mexico' page for example displaying the 'Mexico' blog post category...

I'm just thinking out loud here! :). If any one has any other ideas please let me know :)

Hi Will,

Yes it's definitely possible, think you have two options;

Just use standard XHTML/CSS for those pages and insert the header with navigation and footer in PHP so it keeps the consistent appearance throughout.

Or use the categories and posts as you said, then you can use the read more and excerpts, to control the length of the brief description, and then provide more info on the full post page. You could also use custom fields to add hotel images and star ratings, and maybe even the price data for each entry, that way you can control their styling with CSS separately from the title and description content.

If you really wanted to push Wordpress you could set the comments up as reviews and allow visitors to post reviews for each hotel as comments, obviously renamed as '4 Reviews' & 'Leave A Review', etc.

Greg

Wordpress is suprisingly flexible, it just takes some effort to "shapeshift" it to your likings ;)

Yes true. I've never customized it this much, but will hopefully be able to pull it off. :)

Back