wordpress.org | portfolio

glaw89

Hey!

I am a photographer and currently using blogger.com as my blogsite, which is great because its free, but not much else. I would like to upgrade to a wordpress.org website. I am wanting it to include a blog, a good photo gallery and if possible client login (or the option to have one added later on).

It doesn't have to be a wordpress site but I am guessing it is the cheaper avenue and at the moment money is very tight so every penny counts.

If any one could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Gemma x

Hi Gemma

Have a look at concrete5 , there is a brief showcase here [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJrFBDLqm7A]Introduction to concrete5 - YouTube[/ame] . Any further questions then am here to help.

glaw89 said:
Hey!

I am a photographer and currently using blogger.com as my blogsite, which is great because its free, but not much else. I would like to upgrade to a wordpress.org website. I am wanting it to include a blog, a good photo gallery and if possible client login (or the option to have one added later on).

It doesn't have to be a wordpress site but I am guessing it is the cheaper avenue and at the moment money is very tight so every penny counts.

If any one could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Gemma x

Hi Gemma,

What you are asking for is still a full website design and development project. You can do it cheaper with WordPress by using a pre built theme - but if you want any customisations this will take extra design and development time. I usually design and build bespoke themes for my clients so the end result is an original website, rather than a pre built theme which hundreds of other sites could use, making your website look like a carbon copy of many others out there! This takes longer to do so costs more but it is worth it as you end up with an original website. I think it would be best to post this question as a job in the jobs forum and give details of what budget you have. This will give developers an idea of the cheaper off the shelf theme approach would be best, or a full bespoke theme.

Cheers
Rich

Wordpress is great for themes and tweaking little details to customize it.

Personally full customisation of themes, there are better CMS platforms out there.

mrp2049 said:
Wordpress is great for themes and tweaking little details to customize it.

Personally full customisation of themes, there are better CMS platforms out there.

It really depends what you make of it. As a designer / developer I I really like the WordPress platform and find it incredibly flexible and powerful. I had a look and tried concrete5 and thought it was a neat idea in terms of editing content within the page - I think it could be nice for smaller sites but I realy couldnt imagine it being good for bigger and more complex sites. Again, I think its what you make of it.

This is one of those arguments that could go on for weeks! CMS's's's's are such a weird thing. I don't like wordpress, but really like Concrete 5 (although the 5.5 upgrade is giving me a right headache), Drupal is the strongest of the bunch, but is so hard to manage without a developer....

We could go on for weeks.

On point...google wordpress photography themes, there are some truly incredibly examples out there.

richimgd said:
It really depends what you make of it. As a designer / developer I I really like the WordPress platform and find it incredibly flexible and powerful. I had a look and tried concrete5 and thought it was a neat idea in terms of editing content within the page - I think it could be nice for smaller sites but I realy couldnt imagine it being good for bigger and more complex sites. Again, I think its what you make of it.
Concrete5 can be used on more complex sites - see following : concrete5 :: GENiSYS (GENCO ATC Intranet)

You might like www.jux.com if you're a photographer. You can create blog posts with an image as a full-size background. Nice for displaying your work (plus it's free) but probably not as flexible as a custom/premium WP theme.

u can send me an email at tsdsmth(at)gmail.com and i'll create a wordpress site for you for free.
yes for free!
i need a portfolio, so will need acknowledement for the coding.

i suggest you to use pinterest.com for that because you can make and display your portfolio over there very easily and accordingly by your own created categories :)

Back