Wordpress & coding wizards, need your help!

dirtsa

I am experimenting with wordpress for the first time (Themify Ultra theme) and I can't seem to work out where to amend the blank gap currently sitting between the header and the top of the page... its more obvious when you scroll down then up
Anyone knows how to fix it? Thanks!
here is the link http://box5881.temp.domains/~suspiri1/

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-07-05 at 17.24.10.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-05 at 17.24.10.png
    705.1 KB · Views: 4
There is an 20.8px offset added to the headerwrap class in the theme JS.

Maybe there is a setting in the theme options. If not it means it's just part of the theme design.

That being said, if you want the site to convert don't put the menu top left and with only three links you shouldn't use the hamburger.

And the ultra theme scores really badly on the Google page speed index. But if you don't care about Google that's all OK.

Took another look this morning (this time without beer)

Add this to your customizer CSS:

#headerwrap {margin-top: 0px !important;}

This does jam the menu right up to the top though so you might want to fiddle with the menu position. It's this style:

#main-nav {position: absolute;right: 0px;bottom: 90%;}

Change the 90% rule to 80% and it looks much better.

Took another look this morning (this time without beer)

Add this to your customizer CSS:

#headerwrap {margin-top: 0px !important;}

This does jam the menu right up to the top though so you might want to fiddle with the menu position. It's this style:

#main-nav {position: absolute;right: 0px;bottom: 90%;}

Change the 90% rule to 80% and it looks much better.

Thank you, that fixed the gap perfectly!!

RE: "That being said, if you want the site to convert don't put the menu top left and with only three links you shouldn't use the hamburger." you mean they should be in the centre?
I see what you mean about the hamburger, ideally I would like to lock it in place exactly how it is on desktop and mobile (without the hamburger but I haven't worked out how to do it yet, looking into it :)
Regarding the theme scoring low on google.. well that's rather important! is there any other that you would recommend?
Many thanks :)

Back