Word up!

Can anyone tell me where to find premium word press themes capable of showing off my portfolio and at the same time acting as my freelancing HQ?

Let me rephrase my initial post, can anybody recommend a premium word press theme that will act as a portfolio or a designer who has a good portfolio of themes to help me with my selection?
The reason i ask is with so many out there and little knowledge on this subject i am finding it hard choosing one in particular.

From what i have seen so far, the themes on offer from Orman Clark at theme forest are winning.
I like the minimalistic design and layouts, i dont really want anyone to be too amazed by the site and not notice my work! So with that in mind a thumbnail grid with the option to open up individual projects for a more in-depth look.
I have only just started looking at both word press and squarespace, with word press my preference due to the monthly price of squarespace.
If you know of any sites where the themes are inline with Orman Clark's designs please let us know.

Themeforest is really great. Alternatively you can look into making your own template with something like Pagelines? I've got the Artiste theme by Orman Clarke (not on my own site) and it's really good.

Dead easy to use, but, a bit of a bugger to customise layout wise.

Hi Tony,

In what way is it a bugger to customise? I am assuming the layout stays complete, therefore imagery and text are what i can change?
Where have you got the artiste theme in operation any chance i can have a look?

Hi Semiproflea,

I haven't got it up in operation, I had it on a client site which we eventually changed. We wanted to effect the layout a bit, make some of the grid squares larger etc, and, that was a bit of a bugger.

If all you want to do is leave the grid exactly as it is, and leave the navigation alone too, then I'd highly recommend it.

There's a live preview of it over on ThemeForest, Orman is great on Twitter and the support forums are bloody handy too!

Back