Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. spottypenguin

spottypenguin Active Member

With sod all knowledge of proper SEO techniques I sudenly find myself on page 2 of Google. Yay to winging it :icon_clapping:

2. isoPrint

isoPrint Member

nice work you wanting to do my sites seo Ha

3. NUGFX

NUGFX Member

what u using 4 keywords? ur company name?

4. Edge

Edge Active Member

I suppose if you just concentrate on providing really good, useful well written content then that's about 90% of SEO taken care of.

5. spottypenguin

Wow thanks for the negativity. As I say I am a pretty clueless on it all and I am page 2 for 'graphic designer Edinburgh'

6. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

Woohoo indeed! Well done! Impressed! How long have you had your website?

7. ARRIVALS

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

Quote Originally Posted by NUGFX - What u using 4 keywords? ur company name?

Oh burned ;)

Good job Scott.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  8. spottypenguin

Thanks but who's Scott? My name is Sam :icon_biggrin:

9. spottypenguin

Umm about 2 years but only bothered to do anything with it about 6-7months ago. And thank you.

10. ARRIVALS

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

Shit sorry Sam! Was just talking to my brother, Scott, on the phone. Trick of the mind ;)

11. spottypenguin

Ha! No worries mate

12. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Trying not to piss on your fire (sorry), but that exact term only gets 58 exact local searches per month. I know you seem to have ranked for this by chance and not too bothered, but for anyone else interested... This is why you should always do your homework first before optimising your site and decide which keywords are worth trying to rank for, for example 'graphic design edinburgh' receives 480 exact local searches per month, or 'web design edinburgh' with 1,600. These 2 would have been the ones I would have gone for, hope that helps someone :icon_smile:

13. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

Are you looking in google adwords?

Is it also worth looking at the 'competition' column and going for ones that perhaps don't rank 'high' but still have 4 or 500 searches? For example "marketing colchester" gets 480 searches locally with 'low' competition whereas 'marketing agency colchester' gets 28 and has 'high' competition (Duh!!)

14. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

https://adwords.google.co.uk/select/KeywordToolExternal

Definitely worth going for the less popular and long tail ones too, I just think if you are going to spend time and effort start with the ones you would benefit from most and see how you get on, I am no expert on this subject mind.

15. NUGFX

NUGFX Member

now thats good mate, hard to get yourself up the rankings with such a popular phrase. if you keep your website updated and make sure your dont break any of the google rules so u get blacklisted you can prob make it into page 1