Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wood Textured JQuery Slider Website (Portfolio/Business)

Discussion in 'Website Design Critique:' started by wayneambler, May 1, 2012.

1. wayneambler

wayneambler New Member

Hi all, I've been playing about with my site for a while now and decided to go for a major change and go with producing a Jquery slider (up/down) styled website. I'd really appreciate your feedback as it's the first time I've done a website like this one.

The address is Freelance Web Designer - Wayne Ambler - Leeds & Wakefield
    Thanks everyone
  2. paulyards

paulyards Junior Member

Looks good, I appreciate your work...!! :)
  3. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

You could have achieved the same thing with a position:fixed and a z:index in css.
  4. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

mrp, I'm assuming you mean the top menu/title bit as last time I checked you still needed anchors (+ javascript if you want it smooth) to move to parts down the page
  5. marble_pars

marble_pars Junior Member

Not bad for a first site but I feel half of it is missing. Also the background image looks out of place and doesn't span the background on larger screens.

Why don't you use text for the opening text?
  6. marble_pars

marble_pars Junior Member

Just read your message, sorry about that you are right my comment above is completely obsolete it was meant for another thread which I now can't find.

You site looks really good by the way, I love the wood texture and layout flows really well.