Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why wont this iframe play ball?..

Discussion in 'Website Coding & Programming Forum:' started by bigdave, Aug 25, 2012.

1. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

I'm working on producing my other half's new website but for the time being have put together a simple holding page and a linked contact page using a php contact form I downloaded and tweaked to suit my needs. problem is, I now cant get the form to sit where I'd like on the page. It's not far off but I feel like I've tried everything to drop it down a further 10px from it's current location but I just cant get the flipping thing to move! any ideas where I've gone wrong?

the page in question is Glmour | Contact us
  2. NUGFX

NUGFX Member

cant really make much out with only seeing

<div id="frame1" align="center" >
    <iframe src="/contact/contactus.php" frameborder='0' width='373' height='450'></iframe>

from that it looks fine can you copy and paste the code from the iframe/php and ill have a look.

if all fails (and yes it will be a desperate act) use a table?
  3. bigdave

I don't understand php (this was one I downloaded) but here's the code:

<form id='contactus' action='<?php echo $formproc->GetSelfScript(); ?>' method='post' accept-charset='UTF-8'>
    <fieldset >
    <legend>Contact us</legend>

<input type='hidden' name='submitted' id='submitted' value='1'/>
    <input type='hidden' name='<?php echo $formproc->GetFormIDInputName(); ?>' value='<?php echo $formproc->GetFormIDInputValue(); ?>'/>
    <input type='text' class='spmhidip' name='<?php echo $formproc->GetSpamTrapInputName(); ?>' />

<div class='short_explanation'>* required fields</div>

<div><span class='error'><?php echo $formproc->GetErrorMessage(); ?></span></div>
    <div class='container'>
    <label for='name' >Your Full Name*: </label><br/>
    <input type='text' name='name' id='name' value='<?php echo $formproc->SafeDisplay('name') ?>' maxlength="50" /><br/>
    <span id='contactus_name_errorloc' class='error'></span>
    <div class='container'>
    <label for='email' >Email Address*:</label><br/>
    <input type='text' name='email' id='email' value='<?php echo $formproc->SafeDisplay('email') ?>' maxlength="50" /><br/>
    <span id='contactus_email_errorloc' class='error'></span>

<div class='container'>
    <label for='message' >Message:</label><br/>
    <span id='contactus_message_errorloc' class='error'></span>
    <textarea rows="10" cols="50" name='message' id='message'><?php echo $formproc->SafeDisplay('message') ?></textarea>

<div class='container'>
    <input type='submit' name='Submit' value='Submit' />

<!-- client-side Form Validations:
    Uses the excellent form validation script from>

<script type='text/javascript'>
    // <![CDATA[

var frmvalidator = new Validator("contactus");
    frmvalidator.addValidation("name","req","Please provide your name");

frmvalidator.addValidation("email","req","Please provide your email address");

frmvalidator.addValidation("email","email","Please provide a valid email address");

frmvalidator.addValidation("message","maxlen=2048","The message is too long!(more than 2KB!)");

// ]]>
  4. bigdave

I've sussed it!!

In my CSS I'd put

iframe.frame1 {
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: auto;
    position: relative;
    top: 12px;

so the iframe was being styled by the inline width and alignment but not by the id tag. Changed it to the following and it's all better now...

#frame1 {
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: auto;
    position: relative;
    top: 12px;