• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

why is google so popular?

tim

because people are retarded.

i walked downstairs, and asked my sister to go on facebook so i could show her something.

instead of typing in the address bar "facebook.com" she googled... "facebook.com"

tried it with youtube too, she did exactly the same.

each time she went out of her way to miss the address bar and search google.

Renniks

I use firefox toolbar to go to most of my sites, that goes through google I do believe.

eg to get to facebook I just type 'facebook' and it "im feeling lucky"s it and hey presto I'm there.

glenwheeler

haha @ Br3n! thats a cunning idea actually!...I have to admit I am the same, i have google set as a homepad and i just wack in "design forums" and there we go lol

Harry

I hate when people Google URLs!

Although, you might notice now, because domains are getting scarce people are actually advertising search queries rather than URLs. There's a TV advert at the moment and at the bottom of the screen it says 'search site' rather than 'go to site.com'. Can't remember which it is though.

Kevin

Harry said:
I hate when people Google URLs!

Although, you might notice now, because domains are getting scarce people are actually advertising search queries rather than URLs. There's a TV advert at the moment and at the bottom of the screen it says 'search site' rather than 'go to site.com'. Can't remember which it is though.
Yes I saw an ad saying search "bla bla" on a Dutch tv commercial. I think it was for some kind of bank but I can't remember.