Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why hello there

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Becky, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Becky

Becky Member

Hi! I thought I'd take the advice of the nice little banner at the top of the page and post an introduction :)

I've been browsing round the forums for a little while and finally gotten around to registering,

Soooo, anyhow, my name's Becky (as my ever so inventive username seems to say), I'm 27 and a print production artist/designer at a newspaper. Luckily they let me play with websites/logos/posters/exhibition boards too, so there's some variety!

I'm currently trying to get into freelancing as well as trying to learn WordPress theming and CSS, as I've just completed an HNC in graphic design.

I have a temporary website up on my url, (I shouldn't admit this, but I did it in a couple of hours before the end-of-year art show, oops!), I do keep my DeviantArt page a bit more up to date though :)

I have a slightly strange addiction to type, well I say strange... I think it's completely normal to take photos of nice type and look at the fonts used in everyday life ... my friends think it's a bit weird!

Anyhow, that's enough inane babble from me!

2. welcome to the forum Becky :)
  3. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hi Becky,

Welcome to DF! and thanks for posting an introduction :)

Just had a quick look at some of your work, and really like the Design Odyssey advertising project, looks excellent. Hope you find the forums useful, and don't worry I think we have a few type addicts here :D

4. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

5. G mason

G mason Member

hello welcome to the site
  6. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

another female i guess? Anyway welcome to DF and hope you stick around for long
  7. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Hi Becky,

Welcome aboard. :)
  8. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Hi Becky, welcome!
  9. berry

berry Active Member

Ditto with bells on........
  10. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Hampshire you say, I used to work over at Andover.
    Welcome aboard.
  11. Krey20

Krey20 Senior Member

Welcome, there's nothing wrong with an addiction to type.

If it's serious you can join my Typography support group, we meet for one weekend a month and go along to bigger meetings when we are called up. It's called Typographers Anonymous, or the "TA" for short.
  12. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Welcome aboard Becky :)
  13. Silver Firefly

Silver Firefly Senior Member

Hi and welcome! :)