Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's up for helping me with my future...?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by tim, Jan 22, 2009.

1. tim

tim Senior Member

Well, hello to you all.

Most of you will have come across me/who I am within the last few weeks, especially if you've read my thread on "sixth form or no sixth form".

I need someone/an agency to help me out from August 2009 to whenever they think is applicable, so I can get some active experience in a design environment, emphasising on my future CV that I'm flexible, technical, and reliable.

I've mentioned before the fact that I'm willing to lodge wherever applicable if the place is more than 1 1/2 hours journey away.

Well, I guess you'll need some more information on my current technical skills...

I'm capable (more than capable in some instances) of handling the following things:

• XHTML
    • CSS
    • JavaScript
    • PHP
    Despite the fact that's not a very long list, I'm currently familiarising myself with Wordpress, and hopefully pushing myself further with PHP, to enable myself to learn Drupal.

I'm more than capable in these programs:

• Dreamweaver
    • Coda
    • Photoshop
    • Fireworks
    I'm also learning Flash at the moment, a long with InDesign (as I've heard it's good for certain projects/design features)

TBH, I really need this to get me further in my future career plans. I want to go into web and graphic design. I want to own an agency. But "wants" don't get me far without money, experience and will-power.

Things I hope you already know:

• I'm hardworking
    • I'm understanding
    • I'm quick
    • I'm committed
    • I'm reliable
    • I'm flexible
    Those few things may not even mean anything to you, and you probably think they're all 'blanket statements'. But if you need physical proof of these, I've got personal accounts from teachers, clients and other people, proving I am.

Sorry for the constant plugging (and probably some constant arrogance), but I'm weary that I should start planning my 2009 (starting from August after my exam results), now, otherwise I'm not going to be able to do it, and will end up working in Maccy D's or such alike.

Thanks for your time, I hope I haven't just killed off DF by boring them.

EDIT: I now realise I've wrongly worded the title. I really meant "who's up for some help with my future" or something less stupid. :D

2. rossnorthernunion

rossnorthernunion Senior Member

Where are you based?

3. tim

tim Senior Member

I'm based dans le Birmingham.

Sorry for not including that! Slipped my mind completely!

4. berry

berry Active Member

I went to Birmingham once i think... Is there a Spearmint Rhino there? If it is then I stayed in a hotel 50 yards up the road, and I remember it well.

5. tim

tim Senior Member

A spearmint rhino!? Don't you mean a Bull made of ... [this is where the clever people end the sentence]

6. tim

tim Senior Member

i wanna say... marble..?

oh well, that's not the point!

7. berry

berry Active Member

Google Spearmint Rhino and start saving up your pocket money, Tim

8. tim

tim Senior Member

lol, a strip club. Thanks for that!

9. berry

berry Active Member

Tim,
    Your welcome to come up to Geordieland for week after your exams or Easter whatever. It would give you a brief taster of agency life till something more tangible arises. I can put you up at mine if you don't mind a sofa bed (unless my daughter has found a flat by then!) My son is 15 too and you can play XBox and PS3 at night till your thumbs drop off!

10. tim

tim Senior Member

lol that'd be awesome! thanks Berry :D

You have BOTH consoles!?

11. berry

berry Active Member

The families been playing bleeding Guitar Rockstar or something like that tonight. I have a plastic drum kit and two plastic guitars in my dining room. I had to go to work to play my guitar to escape the noise and practice 'real' music:D

12. tim

tim Senior Member

lol, that's unlucky!

plastic drum kit...? I have an ELECTRIC one!

Who's cool now?!

13. berry

berry Active Member

Well make sure you keep the electric one in Birmingham when u come up!

.....Cool is....coming in from work, getting a Chinese, opening a bottle of red wine and watching a pirate DVD. ( unless it's Wednesday night, then it's busking at the pub round the corner!)

14. Greg

Greg Active Member

Great offer Berry! Tim I would seriously take this up... will undoubtedly give you some valuable experience of life in a real agency. If you do get this organized it would be great if you could share your story of your time in an agency for a Design Forums blog post! :up:

15. tim

tim Senior Member

yeah :D

Am really excited about the whole ordeal, and my mom's probably even more excited than me!

You have a DF blog now? I thought that was upcoming?

16. Greg

Greg Active Member

Oh it is, but I'm saying by the time you get to your work experience the blog will be up!! :D

17. tim

tim Senior Member

lol, okay :D

that's awesome!