Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whoop whoop

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by TomStutt, Dec 15, 2009.

1. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

Hey all

Im doing a degree in design and innovation with the open uni and my last 2 modules i did added up in points to be a diploma and i found out today that i passed both modules. so as from today i have a diploma in design and innovation. just have to finish the rest of modules to get the degree.

im so happy. :clap:

2. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Nice one :)
    Always been tempted to get an open university degree, but never really done anything about it, What kinda cost is incurred for such a thing :)

3. Congrats Tom :D :domo:

4. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

depending on the level of the course they usually cost been £200 - £650 per course.

5. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

And I now Imagine it will stay the way that I haven't bothered :p

6. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

curious on this - what exactly is design and innovation?

I'm considering doing an OU course just so I can get student discounts on stuff :)

7. ooohhh I forgot about student discounts.. My fiance is starting her OU course on Environmental Studies next year :D that'll be really useful :D

8. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

The actual degree is in Technology but then there are like 4 routes you can kind of go down and i chose Design and Innovation.

B20 - BSc (Honours) Technology - Open University

This is the degree im doing. Its really good. Its not mega hard but its just finding the time to get to do it. Ive been doing it since Feb 2007 and i should finish late 2011.

It takes a while to get the degree and ive been doing it constant without any breaks in modules. and my work is paying for it so i cant complain.

9. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

ah right so that module is basically the first year of my product design degree, don't think I need to do that one then :)

10. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

there are kind of 3 sections to the degree

certificate
    diploma
    degree

you do modules throughout that make up the above and when you have done all the modules then you end up with a degree.

its supposed to help you get qualification while you are studying for the degree.

11. HippySunshine

HippySunshine Senior Member

WELL DONE TOM!!!!!!!!

Im just doing a small course on Dreamweaver as I have never used it before and always coded using notepad, so felt i should learn it if I want to make myself a career. Nearly finished it so fingers crossed.
    Then im doing a FLASH course... cant wait! :D

12. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

i use notepad + but i wanna do a course for flash but havent got the time.

13. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

thanks everyone for the well dones and all that. cheers