Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who is your Design Hero?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by James Random, Aug 3, 2010.

1. James Random

James Random Member

The question I pose is so remarkably similar to the title of the thread that the
    question bears no difference from the title of the thread at all: Who is your Design Hero?

When you were a good (or bad in the good way) little Student which famous Designer
    became your main inspiration?

Mine was definitely Saul Bass (as a historical figure) and as a modern one I would
    have to say Jonathan Barnbrook.

Discuss!

2. dogsbody

dogsbody Member

I just like Geiger's stuff cos I like stuff that makes people go "eeeew yuk".:icon_lol:

3. sweetums

sweetums Member

I would say Herb Lubalin would be my historical design hero and probably someone like Elliot Jay Stocks for a modern one.

Lubalin had that rare ability to make something look so simple yet be so effective (e.g. his families and mother & child logos).
    Stocks is a very good web designer (IMO) as he has a great understanding for the user experience and he can code as well as design which I feel helps him have that understanding as he knows what the limitations of the code is when he is creating web visuals.

4. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

I have to say Saul Bass. As a student I based an entire years work around his work with Hitchcock. A modern day agency I admire massively is Johnson Banks. lets hope that one day I get to work with them.

5. SparkCreative

SparkCreative Member

Alan Fletcher. End of.

6. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

Good Call!!

7. Eagle

Eagle Member

Rian Hughes. Everyone has seen his work.

Thread closing, mind the doors. ;)

8. SparkCreative

SparkCreative Member

Yeah he's not bad. But I still think Alan Fletcher was in a different league. He had wit and ideas as well as just style.

9. JohnRoss

JohnRoss Member

Vladmir Bobri. Mean guitarist.