Who here currently uses Behance.net?

As many of you might know, Behance.net is a great way to gain inspiration, communicate with other design professionals, and gain a little personal exposure. We've been a registered user for about a year, but haven't really taken full advantage of the platform.
If you're currently a user of Behance, has it helped you professionally? Have you been able to leverage this platform for your own increased visual awareness, or do you typically use it more as a means of inspiration?
We're always up for connecting with other creative individuals on a personal level, or a professional level. If you currently use Behance, share your profile here so we can begin to build our networks. Our profile can be found here.
We look forward to connecting with you in the near future, have a great day!

I love Behance. As someone who gave up on coding their own site because the upkeep was too much, I use Behance for the Prosite feature. It's really worth it. The big factor for me is that people were pinning my work from Behance rather than my website and I wanted a better way to track it and make sure it credited the right area, so now both my site and Behance are linked and the credit isn't lost anywhere.
At least, until someone posts my work on their blog and it get pinned from there. :rolleyes:
www.shaunaparmesan.com
www.behance.net/shaunapanczyszyn

@Shaunalynn, I love your hand-done typography work. We have a young lady who works at our creative design agency who is also big into the hand typo. Personally, it's not a skill I have but I really do admire hand lettering work!

I use Behance to gain inspiration for things I'm working on. Don't have an account myself. Felt like I was having to check 8 or 9 different networks every day. On Dribbble now, something I enjoy a lot more :)

Tony Hardy said:
I use Behance to gain inspiration for things I'm working on. Don't have an account myself. Felt like I was having to check 8 or 9 different networks every day. On Dribbble now, something I enjoy a lot more :)
Dribbble is definitely a great place to be but it's a lot more casual. I feel like I get more in-depth critiques and feedback on work from Behance

I have a Behance account but I don't make much use of it really. A fact I plan to change. I use Dropr quite a lot though.

Jimlad said:
I have a Behance account but I don't make much use of it really. A fact I plan to change. I use Dropr quite a lot though.
Never heard of that platform before, I'll check it out!

Behance is the great online Network for all those professional person who want to explore his creativity

I love Behance and I've used it for quite a while and it's been especially useful since my site was hacked and I took it down while my new one comes along.
As Shauna says, it's good to link to your work such as posting on here so you don't have to go through flickr and the like.
BTW, Here's me:
http://www.behance.net/scotty

I found I had people pinning my work and it was linking back to my Behance and not my website, so I switched to the prosite so it would link back to both.

I'm tempted to go the Pro Site route one of these days. I go on Behance pretty much every day, so much good stuff on there.

One thing that does bother me though is that they need to DESIGN A BLOODY APP. Trying to navigate their site on an iPad is treacherous, it's so unbelievably slow and laggy.

Anyway, my work is at www.behance.com/gutterwipe.

Hi do use behance every now and then, both to post design work in progress for feed back and for inspiration. I agree, they need an app as the site is woefull on a small screen.

Same as Tony really. I don't use it myself and I try and stay away from as many social networks as possible. I know a lot of people in my field use Behance but I much prefer Vimeo. It can act as a site in itself :)

Back