Who do you use for hosting?

I'm with Dreamhost.com they live up to their name their support is very very good, but there has been a couple of small problems, only small though.

I use it for my website and I set up my clients websites using it. Haven't had any problems with any of them to date. Excellent service and they're really cheap.

I use Webfusion.co.uk, & never had any problems so far in the two or three years I've been with them.
I usually register any domain names with 123-reg, their sister company.
The package I have with Webfusion is a reseller package, any suggestions how I could promote the reselling??
I only opted for it because I was doing a couple of sites for clients, and those sites are no longer active and their domains are either already expired or are about to.

I have two domain names registered to that account... graphicandweb.co.uk & .com, but since I do not want to offer web design as a service until I get a few more sites under my belt I might opt to sell them on if anyone is interested.
I know this is not the place to list this, but while I was on the subject...

Hi Mark

I had an account with WebFusion, closed it in the end after no end of problems and VERY poor customer service, this was for a dedicated server mind. They are part of 123-reg as you mentioned who are in my opinion one of the worst companies to deal with in the UK (along with BT & Tiscali).

With regards to promoting the reselling, first port of call would be to get a website designed showing prices etc etc, then get the URL in your signature and get networking online, it will be VERY hard for you in my opinion just because of who you are with, wait until you get a few people on the server and problems arise, you will have a nightmare!

Maybe they have got better now, although there are still MANY new posts online slagging them off.

Good luck though

I use Webfusion.co.uk, & never had any problems so far in the two or three years I've been with them.
I usually register any domain names with 123-reg, their sister company.
The package I have with Webfusion is a reseller package, any suggestions how I could promote the reselling??
I only opted for it because I was doing a couple of sites for clients, and those sites are no longer active and their domains are either already expired or are about to.

I have two domain names registered to that account... graphicandweb.co.uk & .com, but since I do not want to offer web design as a service until I get a few more sites under my belt I might opt to sell them on if anyone is interested.
I know this is not the place to list this, but while I was on the subject...
We offer Hosting as a side product of Web Design, and it's quite nice to be able to offer to do everything the client wants. I think offering it alongside another service can help, but if you're just offering hosting or really want to promote that part Damon offers good advice.

We go with a single package for everyone, standard unlimited hosting, keeps it simple.

We use Fasthosts here at work but I personally use Media Temple; very fast, lots of admin options and $20 a month. The only gripe I have with them is the $15 a year domain name charge so I get my domains via 123reg for £2.99 a year.

I use one.com and they've been fantastic. £10 for a year with unlimited emails, 100mb FTP, statistics, blog facilities and database access. Thoooooooroughly recommend them.

Back