Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who do you use for hosting?

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by Stationery Direct, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

So who do you use for hosting, do you recommend anybody?

I have a dedicated server with and can say they are competitively priced and their technical support has been spot on.

For shared hosting I recommend Phil at

Any others?
  2. sabian1982

sabian1982 Member

3. rachel84

rachel84 New Member

I recommend :icon_smile: but I've only worked on small sites so far...
  4. dot design

dot design Member

I'm with they live up to their name their support is very very good, but there has been a couple of small problems, only small though.
  5. Timmo

Timmo Member

6. dot design

dot design Member

That's the one Timmo! :icon_smile:
  7. Timmo

Timmo Member

I use it for my website and I set up my clients websites using it. Haven't had any problems with any of them to date. Excellent service and they're really cheap.
  8. Those Problems were..... :D
  9. Helen

Helen Member

I use 3ix Damn cheap, and in the year I have been with them, not had a single problem.
  10. Steve

Steve Member

I'm using a mate of mine who I met through another forum a couple years back. He is a PHP developer ( - Bespoke Web developer) and is a great guy to deal with. He is also building my Online Portfoilio for me which I have done in Photoshop and he is now coding using XHTML and CSS.
  11. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

We have a reseller account with Fasthosts, reasonably good so far, not encountered any problems.
  12. MarkS

MarkS Member

I use, & never had any problems so far in the two or three years I've been with them.
    I usually register any domain names with 123-reg, their sister company.
    The package I have with Webfusion is a reseller package, any suggestions how I could promote the reselling??
    I only opted for it because I was doing a couple of sites for clients, and those sites are no longer active and their domains are either already expired or are about to.

I have two domain names registered to that account... & .com, but since I do not want to offer web design as a service until I get a few more sites under my belt I might opt to sell them on if anyone is interested.
    I know this is not the place to list this, but while I was on the subject...
  13. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Hi Mark

I had an account with WebFusion, closed it in the end after no end of problems and VERY poor customer service, this was for a dedicated server mind. They are part of 123-reg as you mentioned who are in my opinion one of the worst companies to deal with in the UK (along with BT & Tiscali).

With regards to promoting the reselling, first port of call would be to get a website designed showing prices etc etc, then get the URL in your signature and get networking online, it will be VERY hard for you in my opinion just because of who you are with, wait until you get a few people on the server and problems arise, you will have a nightmare!

Maybe they have got better now, although there are still MANY new posts online slagging them off.

Good luck though
  14. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

We offer Hosting as a side product of Web Design, and it's quite nice to be able to offer to do everything the client wants. I think offering it alongside another service can help, but if you're just offering hosting or really want to promote that part Damon offers good advice.

We go with a single package for everyone, standard unlimited hosting, keeps it simple.
  15. MarkS

MarkS Member

Fred, I have sent you an email through your site :icon_wink:
  16. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Cheers Mark. My co-worker gave me a call at lunch about it, I'll reply to you tonight when I'm home :).
  17. We currently use a variety of different hosts, but in the past have found 1and1 to be very good
  18. Pete

Pete Member

We use Fasthosts here at work but I personally use Media Temple; very fast, lots of admin options and $20 a month. The only gripe I have with them is the $15 a year domain name charge so I get my domains via 123reg for £2.99 a year.
  19. GingerChris

GingerChris Member

20. andyd8

andyd8 Member

I use and they've been fantastic. £10 for a year with unlimited emails, 100mb FTP, statistics, blog facilities and database access. Thoooooooroughly recommend them.