Which website platform to showcase my graphic design?

lolage

Hi

I have tried multiple times to set up a nice looking wordpress theme but just get bogged down with all the customisation you have to do once you buy a nice theme!

What do you guys use to showcase your work? I don't really want a big flashy website - just a nice simple website which can show off my work! As you can probably tell I'm not too clued up on the coding side of things!

I have a friend with bad coding experience like myself but he seems to be getting along great with "Cargo Collective" - Cargo Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks

I know this sounds amateurish but have you looked at iWeb (assuming you're mac based)? Once you've worked out the tool bars and menus its pretty much straight forward WYSIWYG design. It's quite restrictive if you want to do anything such as drop down menus or contact forms (you cant) but for a simple portfolio site you cant go too far wrong. I built my site through iWeb (with some coding changes afterwards) and it's alright i think www.bleedink.co.uk

What about the new pro site from Behance? http://prosite.com/home

It enables you to create a personal portfolio site for $11 a month.
Thanks, think im going to go with this! The Behance network looks great.

I know this sounds amateurish but have you looked at iWeb (assuming you're mac based)? Once you've worked out the tool bars and menus its pretty much straight forward WYSIWYG design. It's quite restrictive if you want to do anything such as drop down menus or contact forms (you cant) but for a simple portfolio site you cant go too far wrong. I built my site through iWeb (with some coding changes afterwards) and it's alright i think www.bleedink.co.uk
I have a PC. :icon_tongue_smilie:

Looks very nice. Also your photography is excellent. Got a great eye there.

Last edited:
Glad to hear you've got your website sorted using the Behance option.

Would be interested to hear if the website functionality is easy to use and if there are lots of options to modify the settings.

Glad to hear you've got your website sorted using the Behance option.

Would be interested to hear if the website functionality is easy to use and if there are lots of options to modify the settings.

So easy! Cant explain how easy it all is, you can even go as far to chance the spacing between the work on the homepage, pretty much every margin.

Basically whatever you want to do you can do it all with the great back end. No code whatsoever - very impressed.

I bought the month subscription, but next month I'll be paying for 12 months which gives a bit of discoutn I think.

Back